Canesister's 2019 farm journal

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just some 'before' pictures to push me along a little...

This is that 'space' between the paddock and the chicken yard.
View attachment 30790 View attachment 30791

Wintertime looks so dreary :(

This is the fence line that I intend to (simply) move the boards from the short paddock posts over and onto the tall chicken yard posts. It will hold the wire fence tight and keep it from bowing out like it is. The water trough - which is behind me on the right when I took these pictures - will be moved to sit perpendicular to the chicken yard fence in the space that is now between the two fence lines.
It's been a LONG time... but some of the list is FINALLY coming together!!!
20210518_201337.jpg

Water trough moved away from the gate & paddock fence torn down & moved over to include the gap that used to be between it & the chicken yard.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good work! Congratulations on getting it done. Wanna come to Texas and spend a week’s vacation on clearing fence row with me?

I can offer good food, comfy bed, lambs and dogs to play with, good company, fun, and a years worth of exercise packed into one week!

I KNOW that’s an offer you can’t refuse!

Here is a picture of the front fence to tempt you!
7CEAC641-345C-422D-B10B-2FF34EB708D2.jpeg

Attachments

• 23613D67-8A9F-4EEF-89E1-F2E4D7494B80.jpeg
    23613D67-8A9F-4EEF-89E1-F2E4D7494B80.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 70

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good work! Congratulations on getting it done. Wanna come to Texas and spend a week’s vacation on clearing fence row with me?

I can offer good food, comfy bed, lambs and dogs to play with, good company, fun, and a years worth of exercise packed into one week!

I KNOW that’s an offer you can’t refuse!

Here is a picture of the front fence to tempt you! View attachment 54960
Actually IS very tempting. I think I would love a vaca helping with something like that more than being at a theme park with everything timed out and rushing from one line to another.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
HEY! I just realized that the only thing left to do from that long ago list is expand the chicken yard! And that is actually scheduled for an upcoming long weekend 2/23-2/26!!!

YEAH ME!!! Way to tackle those projects!!! You GO Girl!!! And in only FIVE YEARS!! :celebrate:weee:lol::lol::lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
HEY! I just realized that the only thing left to do from that long ago list is expand the chicken yard! And that is actually scheduled for an upcoming long weekend 2/23-2/26!!!

YEAH ME!!! Way to tackle those projects!!! You GO Girl!!! And in only FIVE YEARS!! :celebrate:weee:lol::lol::lol:
FIVE years is GOOD. DH has a list (OK my list!) That he has worked at ignoring for 15 + years!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually IS very tempting. I think I would love a vaca helping with something like that more than being at a theme park with everything timed out and rushing from one line to another.
Come on! Fly in to DFW (3 1/2 hours away) or Houston Intercontinental (closer but worse traffic). I’ve already got it figured out. I’ll park at one of those off site parking lots, take the bus to your terminal, meet you at the kiosk, and we can ride the bus right to my car.

I highly recommend spring, through May. Or fall, October. Summer is out at slightest sliver of dawn, working until 11, then quit outside for the day. Lots of iced sweet tea.

Latest posts