Can't Cook for Beans!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what i was thinking thistle, but supposedly it is an oily fish so i was not sure that would be a good way.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Black Cod, Marshall?

My brother was on a fishing boat out of Eureka for a season. Let's see . . . before the crab it was Black Cod.

Yes, I messed up a pot of baked bean and tomato sauce. I recall that I've tried baked beans with brown sugar/molasses (was it?) a couple of times with a sticky, horribly sweet result.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It does not take much mollases to flavor anything.

Not sure what kind, but I think their boat does bodega bay. The fresh frozen fish looks a touch green. It is skinned, and i think they call it full filet

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, an easy way to cook that cod is just season it with salt and pepper. Saute in a little olive oil and butter. When it's done, you can add a little more butter, capers, and juice of a lemon and cook for another minute.

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, I'll try it in a few days. Got campers around and they're all giving me plates of food :p

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
New bean recipe for you! Pasta & fagioli. I made it yesterday, modified of course, it was good! I cut it in half (that recipe sounds enormous, and my crock pot was mostly full at half size!). I also omitted the carrots, and used homemade tomato sauce. Oh, and i didnt have those canellinni beans, i subbed a can of pinto chili beans for those. It was like a more liquidy, soupy chili with pasta in it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Heather.

I may be able to use what I've got. The Soldiers remind me of Cannellini. I do have some store-bought Red Kidney beans. I may have some special Red Kidney beans next year - thanks to Marshall.

Small shell pasta might work as well but I looked up "ditali" in the Bing translator - "thimbles!"

digitS'

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yeah, i didnt have any "thimbles" pasta either, i used large macaroni shaped things! :D

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
New bean recipe for you! Pasta & fagioli. I made it yesterday, modified of course, it was good! I cut it in half (that recipe sounds enormous, and my crock pot was mostly full at half size!). I also omitted the carrots, and used homemade tomato sauce. Oh, and i didnt have those canellinni beans, i subbed a can of pinto chili beans for those. It was like a more liquidy, soupy chili with pasta in it.

So...in other words Heather, what you made actually has nothing to do with the recipe you shared? :D

Latest posts