Can't keep me down forever

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Prayers sent for your wife. DH is a triple bypass survivor, now on lots of meds that keep him alive and going, so I understand your stress.
Regarding your garden beds, try cardboard. It is the largest product that is thrown away, free for the taking and it keeps the weeds from growing back as long as you don't till up the seeds later on. Just weight it down with dirt or bricks. It will decompose and you won't have to buy/use sprays to do so. Plus it is not toxic.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@so lucky yes we do use vodka ;) It bakes right out you never taste it. It keeps it pliable when you're rolling it out, and when you bake it the vodka bakes out and makes a very flaky pie crust.

That's Jasper our setter he's a tri color. @Nyboy He's a family dog that hunts. We got him with that intention. Goal is maybe some fun 4H type of agility with the kids nothing crazy. He'll put up birds no problem. He's got a strong nose and good instincts. I've been slowly giving him exposure and letting him get comfortable and confident. His retrieve is coming along nicely and he's got a strong focused point. He'll be fun. He naturally ranges at about 100ish yards. Nothing crazy which makes him perfect for us.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Prayers sent for your wife. DH is a triple bypass survivor, now on lots of meds that keep him alive and going, so I understand your stress.
Regarding your garden beds, try cardboard. It is the largest product that is thrown away, free for the taking and it keeps the weeds from growing back as long as you don't till up the seeds later on. Just weight it down with dirt or bricks. It will decompose and you won't have to buy/use sprays to do so. Plus it is not toxic.
Yes, at the feed store, I can get about 4 by 5 feet cardboard. It's pretty thin and flexible. It's what they use between the pallets , and are happy to have you come and haul it away.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi Jared ~ i just read hellos and good wishes ~ to you ~ and ~ word of empathy for your wife ~ from people ~ I think highly of ~ well ~ Jared ~ that makes it clear ~ you're a good, well though of person ```

Like to hear more ~ about what you and your wife ~ best of everything ~ to you both ~ and that pup ~ who ~ sounds like you're training ~ we've four pups here with us ```

Anyway Jared ~ it is great to read this ~ so far three pages of wishes and prayers ~ sent your way ~ please accept mine as well ```

Richard