Car woes

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bay, they would probably take it and scrap it for the aluminum. This really stinks not having the Durango now, because we were going to scrap my olds, the tranny went out in it too last summer. :/ I loved that car, and it didn't have as many miles on it as the Durango does. I got a call from the sales man yesterday wanting to know how our weekend was and how we like the new car. I told him it still doesn't seem real that the car is mine. :D

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Salvage yards around here do want the core. I have already checked with the one I trust. They don't know if they have one or not. They will get back to me in a day or two. If they have one it's $350. I'm debating on that deal. Frankly, I would prefer to rebuild the one I have and know it will last another 100,000 miles than take a chance on a used one that might last a lot less.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew, it was nice of the salesman to check up on you. Very professional conduct. Tell him I said he's Ok in my book........from a used-to-be-a-car-sales-person.

$350 for a tranny is not a bad deal. I always checked the mileage, what kind of impact wreck it was in, and what warranty they would give me. Is there only one salvage yard you trust? What if they get a tranny from another yard that you don't trust? :lol:

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lucky for us there arent many salvage yards in our area....2 that I know of and we have dealt with both of them.

Yes it was way cool that the salesman checked on us. He told me if I have any concerns or questions to call him back. I think MontyJ will be the one doing that ;)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
a little off subject but last night the blower motor on the a/c died it was a just a wee bit hot in the house
thank goodness for fans...... you just got to love being a homeowner just another bill :rolleyes:

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We know all about other problems that pop up besides car troubles..... We have had our share of problems being home owners too major. We lived with out a/c's for a lot of years. Last year we had an a/c unit given to us..... I'm glad these people gave it to us now I can cook and not make the house hotter inside than it is out side. ;) But we do a lot of grilling too. :D except for the past 2 weeks :( too much rain.

Latest posts