ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
yep, and add me to the list and put "people who abandon pets in the country" on there too.
Yep, 2 FEMALE black cats got dumped about 5 years ago. One got friendly, "Inky", and she had one litter of 4, then spayed. DD's and friends took the kittens and we see one of them every week. The other female cat you could touch but not catch. I found homes for ALL of her kittens, then she was on litter #4 in February 2018. I found the litter, she finally got nailed by a coyote, I raised 3/5 starving kittens (the other 2 were nearly dead) they were 3-4 weeks old. They are The most docile cats we have and we own 7 now. My cats go inside/outside, and I clean a litter box in the basement. Only 1 cat uses my garden beds. He is DH's favorite, so I just clean up after him.
When you find your solution, you can post about it, IF you join us.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, 2 FEMALE black cats got dumped about 5 years ago. One got friendly, "Inky", and she had one litter of 4, then spayed. DD's and friends took the kittens and we see one of them every week. The other female cat you could touch but not catch. I found homes for ALL of her kittens, then she was on litter #4 in February 2018. I found the litter, she finally got nailed by a coyote, I raised 3/5 starving kittens (the other 2 were nearly dead) they were 3-4 weeks old. They are The most docile cats we have and we own 7 now. My cats go inside/outside, and I clean a litter box in the basement. Only 1 cat uses my garden beds. He is DH's favorite, so I just clean up after him.
When you find your solution, you can post about it, IF you join us.

i guess i don't understand what you mean there @ducks4you "IF i join you" what?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is a Guest Thread, unless I misunderstood the name to be "Guest."

i see it under the Gardening With Animals topic. if you mean 7651 Guest, hahaha, funny, i didn't even know Guests could post here... :)

you threw me off with the word "you" because when people reply to an article by me and use the word "you" then i assume they are speaking more directly to me and not the original author or all of the rest of the readers in general.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The OP had an actual name when this was started. Guess they changed it for some reason.

What's even stranger is that the name and avatar are not clickable like the rest of the members.

perhaps they had 2nd thoughts and asked for their ID to be deleted and this was a way of preserving the thread and still honoring their request... just guessing... :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I don't get it. I took off my vampire fangs and TigerLady cats claw

I am quite safe to be around now.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I speak a little of the cat language, and I do know that when you rub your feet on the ground repeatedly while glaring directly at the cat (and maybe giving a small hiss or showing your teeth) you are giving a message that says "this is my territory, back off!" The hind legs of cats communicate strong messages because the hind legs are the strong pair of legs that can cause the most damage in fights with cats and other creatures. You could try to use this method if you catch a cat in the act of intruding in your yard, though I would recommend you carry a big stick or shovel or something so you look more intimidating and tough toms aren't inclined to attack ( just a thought). I'm not sure how effective it will be but I think it's worth a try. Hope this helps!

I'm sorry you have to deal with this! Good luck!
Cats prefer to use soft soil as a litter box and cat feces can cause serious diseases in humans. ... Every animal waste, not just animals, can also contaminate the soil with other parasites such as roundworm and hookworm and bacteria such as E. It's a coli or salmonella.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cats prefer to use soft soil as a litter box and cat feces can cause serious diseases in humans. ... Every animal waste, not just animals, can also contaminate the soil with other parasites such as roundworm and hookworm and bacteria such as E. It's a coli or salmonella.
contact your agi department

Latest posts