CC's Fruits, Veggies & Food 2023

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Critters...

These are my wife's. I call them "Crazy Quacken". I really like these critters, they are hilarious and make me laugh, with their crazy antics.
IMG_20230311_161159728.jpg

Everyday it's the exact same routine, rain or shine, cold or heat. Every morning I walk around the corner of the barn and say "release the quacken" thet get all excited quacking loud. I open the door to the turkey yard and they make a bee-line to the pond. They hang out in the pond most of the day, sometimes the whole day. Sometimes they may hangout with me, if I'm working on a piece of equipment or have the barn door open.

Then in the evening I take a 5 gallons bucket of water and 3 lbs of layer pellets to the turkey yard. If they quacken don't see me first, I holler "Hey" and they come running from wherever they are at. I leave the door to the turkey yard open, fill the waterer and fill the feeder tray. The crazy quacken come in to get layer pellets. I collect any eggs and shut the door. Then the routine, starts all over again the next morning.

I had to place "Lame Duck" as my wife calls her in with the chickens. Lame duck doesn't wattle so well, she brooded that way. All she likes is to sit on eggs, duck, turkey, chicken it doesn't matter to lame duck. The turkeys pick on her so I put her in with the chickens, and just so she's not lonely I put a drake in the chicken yard with her. They both do well with the chickens.
IMG_20230311_161847414.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
More critters...

Beef Cattle, I enjoy our tiny herd very much 🇺🇸. They are waiting for me to feed them their daily ration of grain.

Pictured left to right.

Romeo - Belted Galloway red bull
Nugget - Brangus steer
T-Bone - Black Angus steer
Brisket - Brangus steer
Oreo - Belted Galloway cow
Bessey - Belted Galloway heifer
Daisy - Belted Galloway heifer

IMG_20230311_144144808~3.jpg

Don't ask me... I didn't get to name a single one of them. My Wife and Granddaughters named all of them, I was out voted ❤️

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
More critters...

Beef Cattle, I enjoy our tiny herd very much 🇺🇸. They are waiting for me to feed them their daily ration of grain.

Pictured left to right.

Romeo - Belted Galloway red bull
Nugget - Brangus steer
T-Bone - Black Angus steer
Brisket - Brangus steer
Oreo - Belted Galloway cow
Bessey - Belted Galloway heifer
Daisy - Belted Galloway heifer

View attachment 55659

Don't ask me... I didn't get to name a single one of them. My Wife and Granddaughters named all of them, I was out voted ❤️

What does your big doggo think of all the animals? Does he get along with the cows?

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I sowed flats of totally new to me.

1 72 cell flat Giant thornless black berries. Seed resembled onion seeds maybe a tad smaller. Package said 200 seeds more like 400 seeds. We'll see what becomes of them.

1 72 cell flat of rhubarb (Victoria) packages said 25 seeds each. Between the two packages there were exactly 72 seeds. Seeds are big, easy to handle. Germination 7 - 10 days, we'll see, I expect skips.

1 package each northern and southern highbush blue berry. I sowed these into 36 small peat pots.
IMG_20230312_193743835.jpg

I folded a piece of heavy paper, gently without sneezing tilted the paper and tapped it over each pot. Ha... probably got like 25 seeds in each pot. Instructions say some will germinate in 4 weeks, but may take upto several months. I put some warm water in the tray and put the clear lid on it. hopefully that will make some quick humidity. Maybe you can see the seeds they are little tiny light brown specks... Honest Seed Company said 200+ seeds per package. Yep they are honest 👍
IMG_20230312_194430360.jpg

Last edited:

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Seen today a couple of carrots were up, kind of glad they are taking there time.
Screenshot_20230312-151456~2.png

But this means the spinach should germinate since it likes the soil cold.

I snapped this picture of our sugar magnolia because I expect with a hard freeze being forecast that it'll drop it's pedals. It sure was was nice to look at.
IMG_20230312_184230640.jpg

Latest posts