Chicken eggs are so amazing

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
!!

I really enjoy a banana sandwich, I don't mash them just chop them into pieces.

i always understood why Elvis got so big, he liked these sandwiches too. i used to eat them two at a time out of habit. now i am watching things more i only have half a sandwich at a time.

the past few days i've been eating oatmeal again, i've not been eating that much of it for quite a while. good thing i'm taking it easy, don't want the troops to revolt. i'm having it in a few minutes as my after-dinner-warm-me-up instead of hot chocolate. if i put a few teaspoons of hot chocolate mix in the oatmeal i can pretend i'm just having chewier hot chocolate than normal. or something. :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i always understood why Elvis got so big, he liked these sandwiches too. i used to eat them two at a time out of habit. now i am watching things more i only have half a sandwich at a time.

the past few days i've been eating oatmeal again, i've not been eating that much of it for quite a while. good thing i'm taking it easy, don't want the troops to revolt. i'm having it in a few minutes as my after-dinner-warm-me-up instead of hot chocolate. if i put a few teaspoons of hot chocolate mix in the oatmeal i can pretend i'm just having chewier hot chocolate than normal. or something. :)
Elvis used to eat bananas and peanut butter every night before he went to bed. I have a banana sandwich around once a week or maybe a month. I'm not a regular sort of person, weird maybe. I'll have to think on that ;)

I wonder what cocoa would taste like in porridge. I may try this soon

Here's my banana sandwich for my breakfast this morning

20210129_114011.jpg

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Elvis used to eat bananas and peanut butter every night before he went to bed. I have a banana sandwich around once a week or maybe a month. I'm not a regular sort of person, weird maybe. I'll have to think on that ;)

I wonder what cocoa would taste like in porridge. I may try this soon

Here's my banana sandwich for my breakfast this morning

View attachment 38910

i am normally now trying to avoid eating a lot of bread. my standard breakfast for much of the past six months is a ripe banana with some peanut butter on it and about a cup of milk. that's it. i can go 6-8 hours on that before i get hungry again. half a peanut butter and banana sandwich would have been more normal last year before i finally cut most of the bread back. not that i am perfect by far, i still eat some cookies and cakes, but as we just had my sister send us a few pumpkin roll cakes in the mail i could not resist starting in on one of those. we'll freeze the other. hard to diet this time of the year.

if you don't know what a pumpkin roll is, it is a spiced bread with squash/pumpkin, spices and walnuts in it, baked thin and then you spread cream cheese frosting on it and roll it up. so kinda like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting but better. my sister makes the cream cheese frosting with less sugar and more cream cheese so it's very good stuff for me. i think i could just sit and eat the whole thing, with a gallon milk.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i am normally now trying to avoid eating a lot of bread. my standard breakfast for much of the past six months is a ripe banana with some peanut butter on it and about a cup of milk. that's it. i can go 6-8 hours on that before i get hungry again. half a peanut butter and banana sandwich would have been more normal last year before i finally cut most of the bread back. not that i am perfect by far, i still eat some cookies and cakes, but as we just had my sister send us a few pumpkin roll cakes in the mail i could not resist starting in on one of those. we'll freeze the other. hard to diet this time of the year.

if you don't know what a pumkin roll is, it is a spiced bread with squash/pumpkin, spices and walnuts in it, baked thin and then you spread cream cheese frosting on it and roll it up. so kinda like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting but better. my sister makes the cream cheese frosting with less sugar and more cream cheese so it's very good stuff for me. i think i could just sit and eat the whole thing, with a gallon milk.
Pumpkin bread sounds delicious I would love to try it, with or without the cream cheese
As for the bread, I've used my sourdough whole wheat and upped the rye flour to over 100gr plus added a fair amount of seeds . It's very filling so didn't eat all that was on the plate, the dog and cat had a little and the girls polished the rest off. It sure beats the plastic bread from the shop's.

By the way, I baked that squash as you directed and it was perfect. No more cut finger and was cooked in around 20 minutes . Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh well if you can't beat them. Give me your recipe please :)
Feel free to leave some of almond extract out if you think it’s to strong.

Latest posts