Chicken math isn't supposed to work this way!!!!!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i love the cochins i've had over the years, but i'm down to Sunny & his daughter Olivia-she's in with him doing the hatching. i lost my last lavender cochin hen last spring & her sister last winter & they were the friendliest little fuzzballs i've had even though they had attitude with others in the flock.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, i spoke too soon thinking i had another week before a chick would be hatched-under Olivia. Lacey, the hen that has been trying all summer to hoard eggs & hatch has finally had 1 hatch this morning. this is the one i wanted to move for safety of the chicks if they were going to hatch. :thi thought the eggs she had were only a week old. o_O where was this one hiding?!?

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good morning gang well a bit weird rereading my last post last night couldn't keep up with myself

in it... this morning woke at 4 (not sure why) had my two cups of coffee and a shower.

jump ahead to 7 am BF is now up out to the dog room he takes out the dogs I go in to help get knocked over

buy the smell of urine.. most of this my own fault.. my Mother wanted a dog

we also had ticha, raudy and moose when we moved here adding zephya a gsd the grand sire I showed

years ago she needed a home, she came here maintaining a watch on the property at night being

the outside dog she is use to being..

We took Mom found her a dog jack russel x shih tzu people advertised

saying she was purebred of the latter NOT but Mom wanted it... next Mom heads home with her dog

then my Brother calls Mom is in the hospital we cannot keep this dog Niki she has never been potty proofed

at night she was sleeping in crate softee I have become start leaving her out in the dog room/laundry room

at night with the other 3.. Now this morning being knocked over with the smell..

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
not sure why or what 2 days at 5 eggs built feeders
31jYeh4PaoL._AC_US160_.jpg
similar mine are in my coop and
black with elbow's not hoods because I was going through 9 50lb bags of crumble each month
Well answered my own questions here through out some food and corn on the floor
now have 8 eggs the two long metal feeders I was going through 9 bags a month
135.00 a month in crumble

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
not sure why or what 2 days at 5 eggs built feeders
31jYeh4PaoL._AC_US160_.jpg
similar mine are in my coop and
black with elbow's not hoods because I was going through 9 50lb bags of crumble each month
Well answered my own questions here through out some food and corn on the floor
now have 8 eggs the two long metal feeders I was going through 9 bags a month
135.00 a month in crumble

Wow, how many chickens do you have? Maybe you've got a rat or opossum getting into your feeders?

I've been using about five 50lb. bags per month on 29 standard size birds, 11 banties and 2 turkeys. The turkeys and 10 young cockerels are headed to freezer camp tomorrow! :celebrate

I like those tube feeders for their compact design. I'd like to come up with something that held a whole bag of feed at a time. Ideally PVC. Wears me out filling up feeders for all these guys.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, DH is sick and feeling pretty rough, so we postponed butchering today. And it's in the 80's (too early for bugs to be going around). What's up with that? Probably have summer right up til October and then drop immediately into early winter with no transition. o_O

Latest posts