Chillaxin' by the woodstove

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Linn!

So, you could have pressed that corn into corn oil?!

With a barrel or 2 of that oil, you'd be driving the diesel thru east Texas before the next snowstorm hit WI!

digitS'
who even failed to get the last of his Xmas cards out today

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pressed into corn oil! I'll have you know I have a license to make corn liquor (or more properly ethanol) and that's where I'd prefer the corn to go. I had hoped I could burn the ethanol in the house furnace and the left over grain mash (actually higher in protein than the corn itself) would go to the animal's feed. Don't think it is gonna happen anymore.

DH put a corn burner in the shed, because it would be easier to keep going than downing, cutting, chopping, and hauling wood. Then DS took over the shed to build furniture, and DH doesn't want to 'mess up' anything by working in there himself.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's exactly the one digit. it's still in the bag it came in.

kittiekat

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I wouldn't have but one flashlight if it weren't for LEDs. :p Too expensive to keep batteries in the old ones...and just when you need them--dang!--the battery would go dead. Now I've got 20 of these little LED flashlights everywhere handy.

There's nothing cozier than the heat from a woodstove. My cats won't go outside now. They want to stay inside and sleep all day near the vent (we have a woodburning furnace).

Same here. I prefer those flashlights that are rechargeable or have rechargeable batteries. They might be expensive when you first bought them, but will surely be a GREAT BUY in the long run. No need to buy new batteries too.

Latest posts