1. Dismiss Notice
  2. 2017 BYC Calendar SUPER SALE!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Featured Thread: Chipmunks !!!!!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Chipmunks !!!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases & Pests' started by Smiles Jr., Apr 8, 2017.

1. Apr 20, 2017 at 5:06 PM
    lcertuche

lcertuche Deeply Rooted

I think there are bears everywhere in Arkansas. We have the biggest bobcat I've ever seen just about a mile from my house. I never knew they could get so big. I'd been hearing about it from the neighbors for months but I thought it was an exaggeration. I haven't heard of any cougars here (yet) but a bear has walked down our driveway a couple times that we've seen. Something ate my blackberries last summer by the pond in front of our house. When I looked over the berry bushes I saw plenty of poop that I believe probably was bear scat. Any way I tell the kids to come in if they hear anything in the bushes. The blackberries are blooming unbelievably good this year. :hide

2. Apr 20, 2017 at 6:32 PM
    Nyboy

Nyboy Garden Master

Bobcat in woods by me shot and killed, I don't think it ever caused any trouble. Neighbor bragged about killing it, I love to report him for firing a gun in city limits.

3. Apr 20, 2017 at 6:47 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Garden Master

The first raccoon I trapped after moving here was getting my blackberries just as they ripened. I'd see some turning and think, they'll be ready tomorrow. The next morning they were gone. The following morning the raccoon was gone.

My blackberries are also in full bloom. Last year was a good year, looks like this year will be too. I think that relates to the rain last year. Our rainfall total was pretty low last summer, but the rains were scattered out enough that the ground never totally got bone dry.

4. Apr 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM
    lcertuche

lcertuche Deeply Rooted

I'm hoping this year I can beat whatever is getting it, probably everything. Blackberry jelly is my favorite. I also like to can blackberries for cobblers. Freeze them for muffins...