Chipmunks !!!!!

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How big was it? Mink are a part of the weasel family but pretty big. I saw one a couple of years back in the middle of the day at a bridge over a small creek, so yes they are in Arkansas. So are other members of the weasel family.

Actually I misspoke. It definitely was not a mink. I think it was a chinchilla.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have so much trouble with "QUOTES" and editing! :he

Oh, yeah and posting pictures.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, the format of this forum can take a bit getting used to. What device you use for posting or how it is set up can make a difference too. Updates to operating systems can change things too. That can on any forum though.

Chinchilla are native to the high Andes region in South America, they are not native to Arkansas or anywhere in North America. That doesn't mean it wasn't someone's pet that got away. I once found a nest of sugar gliders in my shed in the New Orleans area. Sugar Gliders are native to Australia and that area. Just a pet that got away.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a client tell me I had to take her daughter sugar gliders or she was turning them loose in the woods. I said its middle of Feb they will freeze to death. They are expensive here, called my Vet girl who worked there took them.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's how alligators got started here in Arkansas where it's too cold for them 'tongue in cheek' :rant People say they migrated but I know of someone who turned some young one loose about 45 years ago.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bragging rights. Years ago I got a very bad cat bite. A Dr in Bronxville a super wealthy town specialized in animal bites. He told me " you would not believe the exotic animals living in basements of Bronxville".

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I used to know of someone that had a cougar living in their barn. It would sleep in the loft. I think that is a tragedy waiting to happen. I don't know if anything ever happened or not. I moved away several years ago. It wasn't a pet but he let it be. I would have been calling a game warden to get it relocated at least... Of course I believe the Arkansas Fish and Game claim there aren't any cougars in Arkansas.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
They told my brother-in-law there were not any bears in his area around Beaver Lake either, until he showed them a security video. Then they said they don't want to tell people bears are there because people will go kill them. Personally, I'd much rather have a bear around than a cougar. Bears are not as sneaky.

Latest posts