Chipmunks !!!!!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Just One Bite" That's the name of the bait? Works that well? And if a dog eats the squirrel ?

How big is the dog? How many poisoned critters does it eat over a certain time period? Dosage is important. That specific poison doesn't metabolize all that quickly in the body and larger critters can eat more of that poison than smaller critters, like mice. So if something eats one it's going to get a larger dose but it would still need to eat more than one.

Most critters poisoned with that are going to die underground where they can't be eaten. I think it would take a specific set of circumstances before it posed much of a threat to a dog. You'd need a high infestation where a lot died above ground so they could be eaten by a very hungry dog before you'd have much of a risk. If they can get to the poison directly and eat it, that's another risk. It's just my opinion but I think the vast majority of problems with this or any other poison is that people allow the wrong critters to get to it and eat it, not from them eating poisoned animals.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is not an anticoagulant. It causes the nervous system to break down stopping the animal from eating. No known cure. If pet gets into it, not much you are going to do but make pet as comfortable as possible and hope that it isn't lethal dose.

Latest posts