Choke Weed

Judy Pajak

Sprout
Reaction score
:welcome

I wish we were more helpful... we just haven't found the info on this weed anywhere. Not by the name anyways. Would you have pictures to share, that would really help a lot!
choke weed.JPG
here is the bugger

Zeedman

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looks like a wild morning glory. Some of those have extensive roots & can be hard to eradicate. I have a wild morning glory in my lawn, I would probably have to kill my entire lawn to MAYBE kill that weed.:th

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I must be the only person who can kill this little beast. All the ones that pop up around my yard are thin and spindly. If I just keep yanking them up before they bloom, they don't come back the next year.
Too bad that doesn't work for ALL THE OTHER WEEDS...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like a wild morning glory. Some of those have extensive roots & can be hard to eradicate. I have a wild morning glory in my lawn, I would probably have to kill my entire lawn to MAYBE kill that weed.:th
2-4D will kill it and leave grass alone.

flowerbug

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
we had some try to take over a trellis in the front gardens and it took a few years of pulling all the new growth before the roots finally gave up. you just have to be consistent. if you can scrape the area any time you see new growth that should work...

Latest posts