Chop Meat

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Recipe for the shells...... Silly rabbit, I know how to make taco meat.....
Well, if you know how, don't ask silly rabbit.

What do you mean recipe for the shells? They're corn tortillas for goodness sake. I already told you how to fry them.

Go pick on thistle :tongue.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought you meant make them from scratch..... While visiting Mexico, lady made them from scratch-they were good. Not like the ones you buy.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought you meant make them from scratch..... While visiting Mexico, lady made them from scratch-they were good. Not like the ones you buy.
Ooops, I'm bad. I think the recipe is on the bag of Masa harina. It's just the masa, water, and salt but you need a tortilla press. Otherwise it' a lot of work to pat them out by hand.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can't make homemade tortillas and then fry them to make shells. In Mexico you don't find fry tacos. Those if anything would be called taquitos. Homemade tortillas are only used for adding fillings. They are best hot off the grill. But you can also warm them up later over an open gas flame and then fill.

Mary

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I'm with you on that. I buy tortillas and make my own taco shells-soft. A Taco kit :sick

A neighbor lady once showed me how to make flour tortillas. After a hurricane, no power, grocery stores emptied and closed, a house full of people that we sheltered from the storm, I dredged from my tiny mind how to make them. Over a fire in the back yard, as fast as I made them, they were gobbled up. Funny how in adverse conditions, bread--in any form--is such a comfort food.

Latest posts