Christmas Gifts for Gardener

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got a new pair of womens Carhart insulated overalls. So nice for those frigid spring cleanup days! My hubby likes me to be toasty warm when I'm out there bustin' my buttons! :p

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
asked for a game camera, well how about that there was one under the tree. takes pretty darn good pictures. now we can see what's roaming around the property day and night. ok in a general area of it.....
View attachment 296
and it takes great photos of the neighbor's dog that they claim never comes down here to poop..
View attachment 297
still waiting on a great night time shot....

Ha! I love that, now you have more proof for the neighbors.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got seeds in my stocking. They are some kind of evergreen, I don't remember the type. I also got a starter kit that's a cardboard egg carton that you use to start seeds with. It has a crazy mix of seeds from blue spruce to snap dragons!!!

I'm excited. I've never grown trees before. Craziest seeds I've ever grown were cactus yes but I think evergreens might take their place.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major I am looking to get a game camera what kind diid you get? I need something that will take clear shots at night. Have a weekend house where things grow legs and walk away.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've got two books, "Breed Your Own Vegetable Varieties" by Carol Deppe and "The Organic Seed Grower" by John Navazio. Very good books so far. If I remember right Navazio is the developer of the Green Zebra tomato. I've also got a lot of those plastic coin tubes, expensive but I like them better bags. Along with that I got a bag of Steuben Yellow beans and another bag of Anasazi beans from an Amish market.

I've also been considering getting a game cam or two. It would be interesting to see what kinds of critters are crawling around the duck-yard at night, and to see how many deer pass by the deerstand when it's unoccupied.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Snapdragons need stratification for 1-2 weeks to germinate. Conifer seeds I usually don't bother with because it is a real pain to get them to grow. Some need there cones toasted in the oven for lengthy periods of time or long cold periods. I do Eastern Pine though, they'll germinate eventually if I just stick them in the ground outside.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have that book by Carol Deppe too, SeedO. I guess it's time for me to reread it. I don't remember much about it anymore.
It would probably gel in my poor old brain better if I practiced what I read...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major I am looking to get a game camera what kind diid you get? I need something that will take clear shots at night. Have a weekend house where things grow legs and walk away.
looked around finally purchased a simmons through amazon it was 105.00+ shipping, it's seams to be good entry level camera
http://www.amazon.com/Simmons-7MP-P...F8&qid=1388164311&sr=8-4&keywords=game+camera

was looking at others that would send photos direct to my phone, but miss claus gave me that really look o_O so had to compromise.
still no night time photos as of yet,so moved it over to a spot where the dogs are very interested in everytime we go for our walks. since will be getting up early tomorrow morning to start up the smoker will at least walk over there to get one of me. once thats done will post it..

Latest posts