Christmas Gifts for Gardener

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
looked around finally purchased a simmons through amazon it was 105.00+ shipping, it's seams to be good entry level camera
http://www.amazon.com/Simmons-7MP-ProHunter-Night-Vision/dp/B004QM4TFK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388164311&sr=8-4&keywords=game camera

was looking at others that would send photos direct to my phone, but miss claus gave me that really look o_O so had to compromise.
still no night time photos as of yet,so moved it over to a spot where the dogs are very interested in everytime we go for our walks. since will be getting up early tomorrow morning to start up the smoker will at least walk over there to get one of me. once thats done will post it..
Got a 100 Amazon gift card . Going to wait on your report for nighttime before ordering.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The infrared light from the LED's in night-vision would not be visible to human eyes, but you'd want to camouflage it or pick a really obscure spot for the camera so that it wouldn't grow legs and walk either! I'm sure your "visitors" would consider that camera a real score. :/

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ditto what Journey said NYboy, and also something to consider is that some models use a flash at night. That would be a dead giveaway to the human "game" you're photographing.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
here are a couple night time photos, either its too cold for the critters or that wren who saw me put it up spread the word not to go in that direction... so the only thing taken was me
for a entry level camera it takes good day time photos, for the night time photos they are grainy unless you are standing still, better but not really clear.
as for the"led flash" you see a low red glow, so for critters it's ok but if i was casing a place and saw that glow somebody is out a camera...
HUNT0004.JPG

HUNT0005.JPG

now it also has a movie mode so put it back out and made a couple clips, while in that mode the led's are glowing dead give away... and still grainy

there it is a good camera, but not recommended for home surveillance..

Last edited:

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, does that red LED need to be visible for some reason? couldn't you just put a piece of dark tape over the light to block it from being seen?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major',

Were there impediments out there, or was that your pirate imitation, or do you get around like that?

I don't have a peg leg but it might as well be . . . I suppose. Better not wish anything bad on myself . . . :hide . Fine pirate I'd make!

Steve
A Pirate walks into a bar wearing a paper towel on his head. He sits down at the bar and orders rum.

The Bartender asks, "Why are you wearing a paper towel?"

"Arrrrr..." says the Pirate. "I've got a bounty on me head!"

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, does that red LED need to be visible for some reason? couldn't you just put a piece of dark tape over the light to block it from being seen?
actually there are 32 led that glow.which gives off enough light to take a photo. if i can will take video of them tonight before it starts raining.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major',

Were there impediments out there, or was that your pirate imitation, or do you get around like that?

I don't have a peg leg but it might as well be . . . I suppose. Better not wish anything bad on myself . . . :hide . Fine pirate I'd make!

Steve
A Pirate walks into a bar wearing a paper towel on his head. He sits down at the bar and orders rum.

yup a little limp going on there things straighten out after a couple hours<sometimes>

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major',

Steve

:yuckyuck

Latest posts