Christmas Party

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We did a lot of farmer's markets last summer with our daylilies. In one very rich town, the customers had to check with their gardeners to see if they could buy daylilies. Though I am sure no such permission would be required of Martha. Haha.
Not all that surprising! I have to check with my septic guy to see where I can and cannot plant things. I have orders from him to leave a road through the shade garden for his sewage sucking septic system truck.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere she has a white garden. @catjac1975 I printed out the photo you sent it is prefect. I feel like such a bigshot giving such a rare gift. The party is at 2pm today will post back after.
I have a book of her farm and gardens -- much younger self on the cover -- dated 1991. Silly me, of course, she WAS a much younger self in 1991. I was a much younger self then, too.

It is called "Martha Stewart's Gardening Month by Month". There is lots of color in the cutting and perennial beds. I didn't see an all white garden, although, I'm sure her gardens have changed through the years as ours have.

I would let Carol choose her best or favorite new creation for you, @Nyboy, and not worry about where it will go. Martha will find a home for it! Of course, you might be privy to information she hasn't shared with me. If you've heard she has a white garden, then that's the perfect addition! I don't think there's a day lily I don't like.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is the photo that I sent to Alex. MM in a cluster. It is a polymerous daylily meaning it has 4 or 5 petals and sepals as opposed to most daylilies that have 3 petals and 3 sepals. This is a mature plant so you can see the blooms are much more lush and sculpted than the other one I posted.
alex3.jpg

Latest posts