Christmas Party

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not pushy at all. But do what your comfortable with. He was very nice and lite up when my friend asked about a plant in greenhouse. You can tell he loves working with plants.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you sure that's not too pushy?
That is not being pushy. Look at it as being informative. We all have a prized plant that we love knowing the history of. We all have a prized plant that knowing where it came from, how it came to be, the loving care it received before it got to us, just makes it all the more valuable to us.

Pushy? Nope. Nope and double Nope.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, not pushy at all. I know that on the few occasions that someone has sent me a gift like that (something unusual/unique/speical) I want to know more about where it came from. Where it came from - Are there more like it - What else do they have - and, of course, how can I get some to give as gifts to others!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Plus she can make a great story about supporting private breeder and family owned company.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Man, how will I settle back to normal life after all of this excitement? NYB? Do you get all excited every time she brings her dogs to you? Or have you gotten used to it?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat she only came to kennel once about 10 years ago. She has a army of help. What was nice was meeting people I only talk to on the phone. I do get very excited when she calls me herself.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@catjac1975 it's not any different than if I asked about it and requested the info because I love to garden too.

It's a very specialty variety that they are getting from the source. Think of it as sharing the info with the master gardener. I would think they'd want the I go. I'd enclose it and let them decide how go handle it.

Now if you sent a plaque that said the varieties name with TomKat (or is it TomCat farms?) in big bold letters to be placed next to the plant? That's pushy.

Latest posts