Chronicles of a Noob Garden and Gardener

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's well under my storage shed.
IF you find the entrance, place about a cup of granular yard insecticide in hole. Then cover with dirt. You may have to do it 2X, after that, they are gone.

Ben E Lou

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
6D922408-042F-471C-9CD0-AD232751E4B5.jpeg

Another morning, another insane cherry tomato harvest. Just one plant in this pic...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've seen a groundhog pretty high in a tree. They can climb.

yes, they can, but thankfully they don't seem to do it much around here. we have a fence which they can crawl through if they are willing to go up about a foot and a half. i've only had them go through that a few times over these years. i would like to replace that fence with something better eventually but so far it seems to be doing ok. the young ones are not very smart and easily trapped.

they may have more than one den site. if you find one plug up the entrance with some dirt and then put some sticks or metal poles so they can't dig back through again easily. this will make them take time to do that instead of forage in your gardens. they can chew through sticks eventually, but that is ok, just keep doing it and check it every half hour to scare them away and keep filling it back in and putting stakes in. eventually they will give up.

of course faster is trapping and ...

Latest posts