City People Afraid of Cornfields

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
How do you change a heading my dyslexia is showing in spelling
Look at the top of the first post, on the right for "Thread Tools" Hover over that, first the drop down > "Edit Thread" You can edit the thread title there.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thistle your right again!!! Thanks changed. Greengenes the a and i where reversed, I always do that in middle of a word.
Whoops, sorry I just saw this. I got directed to your post where you asked how to do it, I didn't check the following posts. My bad :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find it disappointing that what should be endearing or just funny can be twisted by popular culture into something frightening.

Clowns, children ... even infants.

There is a lot to be afraid of without nonsense. Much of what is frightening takes reasonable thought and cooperation to set it right. Kind of the opposite of what captures some people's imaginations.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red it is funny one of the people lives in a very dangerous neighborhood and walks around at night, but is afraid of a cornfield.
Naturally I would be hiding in the cornfield and reach out and grab their arm and make a growling noise......... would more n' likely see a flattened cornfield....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think corn fields are glorious and always have. Americans are so detached from where food comes from. City dwellers think our lives are so weird instead of the way people lived for thousands of years. I guess I should not be so judgmental as I really hate snakes, but their wholesale fear of insects is humorous. But to be fearful of cornfields and not the dangerous humans in a bad city neighborhood is laughable. I guess it is the unknown.

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had a friend who was sent out into the cornfield at night to chase the cows out (they had shoved open a gate into the cornfield) They were Angus. He got about 5 yards in, heard stomping and crashing ... he started stomping and crashing - out of the cornfield!! He always said that was when he figured out that his parents really didn't like him much ... I think his dad just assumed he would take a light with him! That cornfield would scare me!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a friend who was sent out into the cornfield at night to chase the cows out (they had shoved open a gate into the cornfield) They were Angus. He got about 5 yards in, heard stomping and crashing ... he started stomping and crashing - out of the cornfield!! He always said that was when he figured out that his parents really didn't like him much ... I think his dad just assumed he would take a light with him! That cornfield would scare me!
:yuckyuck

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Remember the people who got lost in the corn maze? Right next to a highway? Back in 2011? They called 911 for help. I believe it was in Mass. :th

Latest posts