Client Always Right

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom I think of vinca as a ground cover, gets small blue flowers in spring.

The plant in your pot is annual vinca, sometimes called Periwinkle. The botanical name is Catharanthus roseus to get technical. Not related at all to the ground cover also called vinca which really is vinca. V. major is the large leafed ground cover also sometimes called Periwinkle, and V. minor is the small leafed version.

I should have just called it periwinkle, but that can be just as confusing...:confused:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you saved your waves for another container...they were gorgeous! You are so kind, NY...and that has its own rewards, so I'm thinking your flowers will still be lovely in the end. Please keep us updated?

I planted the kind of Vinca in your urns here last year and, at first, I wasn't too impressed...but by mid summer they had spread and mounded and were a very pretty, bloom filled mass clear up until hard frost.

Can't say much about begonias...I'm not a begonia fan.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be beautiful (eventually). My wave petunias never really looked that good when I planted them but yours sure was pretty.
waves I planted last year also never really looked good. This year I used preplanted pots, kind of like petunias for dummies. All you did was put preplanted pot in your own container.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh My, don't you find it hard to be NICE sometimes? But you sure do it great job at it. Bless your heart. :hugs
I have a nosey neighbor that I must sometimes keep at arms length thought I consider her a friend. She would love to have carte blanche access to my veggie garden. She will ask for tomatoes and then say, "Are they in this garden over here?" As if she would just help herself. I always tell her, "No one goes in my garden." And she says Oh, oh, I know. I do have a friend who can come over anytime and pick whatever she want. Always depends on who you want dropping by.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you just love entitled folks? o_O I have certain family members who claim my garden produce before I even plant it. We call that having "gall" or just being so uncouth as to not have a clue as to polite behavior.

When I tell her she is welcome to come and pick it, all suggestions for garden produce quietly go away. Pick it??????? That would require actual use of muscles, bending at the waste at times and walking on dirt, wouldn't it? :th Heaven forbid!!!! She expects her veggies picked, washed and delivered....and you could even stay and clean, cut them and serve them to her on a silver platter, if you please. :rolleyes:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you just love entitled folks? o_O I have certain family members who claim my garden produce before I even plant it. We call that having "gall" or just being so uncouth as to not have a clue as to polite behavior.

When I tell her she is welcome to come and pick it, all suggestions for garden produce quietly go away. Pick it??????? That would require actual use of muscles, bending at the waste at times and walking on dirt, wouldn't it? :th Heaven forbid!!!! She expects her veggies picked, washed and delivered....and you could even stay and clean, cut them and serve them to her on a silver platter, if you please. :rolleyes:
Well, you could also freeze and can them for her.

Latest posts