Client Always Right

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you just love entitled folks? o_O I have certain family members who claim my garden produce before I even plant it. We call that having "gall" or just being so uncouth as to not have a clue as to polite behavior.

When I tell her she is welcome to come and pick it, all suggestions for garden produce quietly go away. Pick it??????? That would require actual use of muscles, bending at the waste at times and walking on dirt, wouldn't it? :th Heaven forbid!!!! She expects her veggies picked, washed and delivered....and you could even stay and clean, cut them and serve them to her on a silver platter, if you please. :rolleyes:
Hmmm wonder if you are related to my EX DIL ! She would pour over the garden catalogs with DH, pick out what she wanted to plant (HA!) then come harvest be to busy (or whatever) and never help with anything. She would gladly TAKE anything offered as long as it was picked, cleaned and delivered. I told DH I felt like the *Little Red Hen* We once gave her a large bag of green beans that wasted away in her fridge. Apparently it was too much work to wash and snap them!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, you could also freeze and can them for her.

How did you know????? :th Each year she and her mother state emphatically that we~that would be mother and I~can come over to their house and can up any deer meat they manage to mooch and also any garden produce they mooch as well. Not "will you" or " could you" but "you WILL", like as if on a decree from the Queen.

Mom actually went and did it one year!!! :th I refused. Two able bodied women with VERY much time on their hands don't need people to drive 35 mi. one way to process their food for them. We gave them a new stove, for pity's sake, and offered the loan of our canner, what more do they want? The answer: for us to do everything but actually place the food inside their gaping maws, that's what. o_O

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
How did you know????? :th Each year she and her mother state emphatically that we~that would be mother and I~can come over to their house and can up any deer meat they manage to mooch and also any garden produce they mooch as well. Not "will you" or " could you" but "you WILL", like as if on a decree from the Queen.

Mom actually went and did it one year!!! :th I refused. Two able bodied women with VERY much time on their hands don't need people to drive 35 mi. one way to process their food for them. We gave them a new stove, for pity's sake, and offered the loan of our canner, what more do they want? The answer: for us to do everything but actually place the food inside their gaping maws, that's what. o_O
This story takes the cake. I was being facetious. Haha

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dad never allowed anyone to go into his garden. He once let his brothers pick tomatoes. They destroyed more than they picked.

I wish I could keep my wife out when it's first planted. She walks like a bull in a China shop. She's worse than the dog.

Latest posts