Clip, clop, clip...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
:love I'm just so very happy he is home! Super nice to look out and see his fuzzy face or run out for a quick muzzle kiss. :love

Tomorrow, I will saddle him up for a real short ride. May or may not ask for a quick trot.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 2 horses. I have to keep one in the barn instead of in an adjacent field when I ride or it sstands at the gate and tries to hop the stone wall. They scream back and forth to one another. I do not ride for more than a long hour. The other day my 3 grandsons all had a turn on my mare so I road a bit longer. My husband told me my gelding was shivering with anxiety in the barn waiting for his girl to return. The mare sometimes is covered in sweat when I ride her-no not from hard riding. High anxiety. When they come back together they need to sniff each other carefully to be sure I haven't replace one with a look a like.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am betting he's going to do everything you ask and give you a great ride just because he's so happy to be home.

Imagine him standing in a pen at the riding stables thinking he might be losing his field friends and the home he'd come to love forever. No wonder he looks so happy!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
2 horses in snow.jpg
She's calling us....
I don't see a bucket. Do you see a bucket?
Pretend you don't hear her. She probably wants a ride.
But what if she has grain?
Just hold out a little longer. Don't see a bucket.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
It took me a long time to make friends with my gelding. But only took 30 days training to ruin it...
But now that he is home, he is more dandy with me catching him. He is all around happy, relaxed and just feeling no weight on his shoulders, like they say.

I have 3 horses and they all love each other. So even when I take my gelding away, the minis will cry, but realize they have each other. And since I am buddies with my gelding, he doesn't cry for the minis.
When I first got him, he was heck on all fences, to get back to the Paint mare. Wood, hot wire and metal poles, no good to keep him away.
The mix I have now is great.

Saddled up with the western saddle today. Muddy and slippery, so only asked for a walk.
2016-02-07 17.29.44.jpg
2016-02-07 17.30.16.jpg
2016-02-07 17.30.00.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts