Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary i got pictures!

I’m back from Lindale. I had a great time visiting with the family, their extended family and friends. We celebrated the eldest’s high school graduation and surprise proposal from her boyfriend. The engagement ring belonged to her great great great grandmother on her mother’s side. It was a very special moment, continuity down through the generations.

Cake! The 2 year old enjoyed it immensely and soon had blue hands and a blue face.

2AC5C6FE-10F7-4839-94A8-5F9CCA2A0E64.jpeg

Their BBQ area under the trees

DC6C9C48-2FFC-4BF1-84A1-F7EBAC67135A.jpeg

They put in a shop with an extra parking carport.

84988270-9774-4A1F-A3ED-86EB3816FD6E.jpeg

The portable building is eldest’s and now fiancé “house”

5132F730-566D-4DB2-881B-CC97AA0D1362.jpeg

Grandpa has a RV trailer that’s coming apart, so his new house will be his permanent residence and they will get rid of the RV. He is 85 and quite happy with the new arrangements.

623BE793-1F6C-477D-A18C-726CF32E58B0.jpeg

There is parking for 3 RVs, plenty of space for visiting family or friends.

I am thrilled and happy to see all the improvements, knowing that this is a generational home from age 2 to 85. They are supremely happy with where they are.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Rhodie Ranch As I drove the backroads yesterday and today, I admired the lovely country side, gave thanks to God for the happy times BJ and I had there, and said goodbye. BJ is with me, just as I promised him, his cherry wood box sits on the nightstand with a picture of us and his work gloves. We have a new farm to go to.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The rain and cool weather is just something else. I have some yellow iris about read to bloom and they are chest high on me. I will have to take a picture when they bloom, but they will probably fall over. I made rhubarb, mint lemonade today. We are going to DD's house tomorrow for her birthday a day early and Memorial Day. She was born on Memorial Day on the 31st. On her real birthday the 31st, I am going with her running errands all over the place, so I have a couple of busy days. She will be 29 years old and it just does not seem possible. She is pregnant with my grandson who is due in Aug.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks @Rhodie Ranch As I drove the backroads yesterday and today, I admired the lovely country side, gave thanks to God for the happy times BJ and I had there, and said goodbye. BJ is with me, just as I promised him, his cherry wood box sits on the nightstand with a picture of us and his work gloves. We have a new farm to go to.
Dear Bay,

You are one of my road models who give me inspiration and courage from time to time. I am also with you to the new farm, can't wait. :love

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Working on son’s house today. Chris is taking down the plywood on the gable and putting up T-1-11 siding to match the other end of the house. Also replacing rotted trim boards and soffit on front of house. I’m pre-painting so we don’t have to stand on ladders to paint. Got to go to Lufkin and get some supplies this morning. We’ll work on house for probably several weeks. Got to tear down a back room that was improperly built, roof leaks, it’s flat and a mess. We’ll make it a patio. Getting house ready to sell. Son is gone to job in Kentucky for next 3 months.

Latest posts