Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220602-130927_kindlephoto-129100952.png

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had coffee and cereal this morning. The dog found the largest rat snake I’ve ever seen in the yard. She had it pinned down for awhile before I realized what was going on. Scared the crap out of me for a minute because I was worried she might have a copperhead or rattler. Just a massive rat snake though. She did a good job for it being the first snake she found though. She didn’t get herself bit and kept it corralled until I came out there to deal with it. Wish I’d gotten a photo. It was so big it didn’t fit through the chicken wire the flower beds were edged with!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went to the farmers market in Lufkin. I bought yellow squash, green tomatoes, onions and a yummy chewy brownie. My supper tonight was fried green tomatoes and fried squash.

I didn’t get the storm door. Forgot to measure the darn thing. Duh.

@Artichoke Lover i had a female Great Pyrenees that loathed snakes. She killed every single one she found. Good for your dog for finding that snake!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it is still raining. I still have tomatoes to put in the ground, but I put them back in the greenhouse, just too much rain. Everything looks good. It is too muddy to get in the garden and do anything and weeds are coming. I have an area ready to plant cucumbers and some more Swiss chard and almost ready for squash area to be done. DS bought a weed eater and after it stops raining then he has a lot of work. I probably should have started cucumbers and squash in the greenhouse and have something to plant when it dries up. I think I will go do that today. I started another barrel of compost from the rabbit hutch this morning.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it is still raining. I still have tomatoes to put in the ground, but I put them back in the greenhouse, just too much rain. Everything looks good. It is too muddy to get in the garden and do anything and weeds are coming. I have an area ready to plant cucumbers and some more Swiss chard and almost ready for squash area to be done. DS bought a weed eater and after it stops raining then he has a lot of work. I probably should have started cucumbers and squash in the greenhouse and have something to plant when it dries up. I think I will go do that today. I started another barrel of compost from the rabbit hutch this morning.

sure seems like the rains have all been going north in that region. hope things warm up and dry out a little for you there!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did more work on son’s house yesterday. There is no soffit on the front of the house, it’s open to the rafters. It’s a wonder that a family of raccoons hasn’t moved in! I had 2 sheets of plywood in a shipping container, Chris took a sheet and a piece of one off the back room we are going to tear down and we had 2 scraps from last week that he cut into soffit boards.

Destruction has begun on the back room!

01615D36-A1D4-47AE-9522-6C012C40EC74.jpeg

While Chris was cutting boards, I got a ladder and painted the back soffit up to that back room that will come down.

396486F7-B8FB-49FE-842A-9570F3DDF104.jpeg

It looks much better now!

D9A75C18-2F8B-4A6F-A092-124D38B5123C.jpeg

I painted all the soffit boards.

76FFDBB8-54C2-4E78-972D-55B46A89FAF3.jpeg

While I painted the soffit boards, Chris put up support boards in the eve of the rafters to screw the soffit boards to. He can rock n’ roll today! My son is delighted with our progress. He is currently in Kentucky on a job.

Coffee is ready! I think I’m gonna need it.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The whole central area of the state got 5-6 inches overnight. Flooding everywhere. I’m supposed to be taking a family member to the doc. Not sure we’re making it to the making it this morning since I think every single road into the city is flooded.

No coffee needed though the thunder nearly gave me a heart attack earlier.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Artichoke Lover stay safe and don't drive into flooded roads. Even a couple inches of water can sweep a car off the road.

Coffee is ready. I woke up at 7, got a good night's sleep. Chris will be putting up soffit today, I will be of no help, might as well start cleaning out the back room, getting ready for demolition.

Latest posts