Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Easier day? Not for me.

Stand up and move on? Yeah, that leg is becoming sore from reaching across it. Roll over onto all fours. A door frame to hang onto is all the way across the room ... Oooo, that knee. Get the bad leg up under you. Foot! Line up. No, that's not it. Here, I'll shove you over with the hand. Wouldn't do to twist an ankle even on a bad leg. Ready? Push. Don't trust that good leg!! You know how it tricks you sometimes! Other foot unnnderrr. Eerrrr.Good, you're standing! Straighten up. Ready to get down there again? You have got to be kidding.

Stools. Preferably one that is just the right height. Hopefully, the work can be done with one hand only. You know how leaning over that bad leg can weaken its usefulness. Don't fall sideways off the stool! Indoors, you may not make a fool of yourself with the neighbors but if you are back down on that floor ... begin again ...

🥴 Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have beans climbing, lots of cherry tomatoes that are not red yet, some peas getting close to being picked. My squash and cucumbers finally starting to grow. My kale, collards and cabbage do not look good, kind of pale and some bug holes. I have brought in a few small onions and peppers to eat and eating handfuls of raspberries. Not a lot out there. I think the heat last year and I did not get enough water on them. I have a lot of weeds. I am helping DD now and then. She is due about Aug. 10 but now and then has trouble walking, so I go help wash dishes and help with shopping and helping get things ready for the baby. I can carry a 2-year-old up the stairs without getting winded and kind of surprised me. lol I then come home and wash dishes and do laundry here.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the first year that I have not had Rattlesnake climbing beans in probably about 10.

DW won't eat them fresh and she seldom eats bean soup made from the dry beans. (I may still have some from previous years for a couple of pots of soup this winter.)

There was also the new sprinkler set-up. I have to alternate the smaller impulse sprinklers from one side of the garden to the other. They are kind of maxed out on distance. A teepee trellis looked like it might interfere and that has been somewhat the case with the pea trellis which will soon come down anyway.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked these Shasta Daisies out in my yard and gave to DD and the girls and Evelyn just loves daisies like her mother does and she today here is what Evelyn said -
I wish I had a stem on my buns.
And petals on my head.
So I can be a daisy.
And be put in a vase of water.
-Evelyn
Evelyn and Daisies.jpg

Latest posts