Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are tacking on interest on the money owed to Medicaid. By the time you die, the state will swallow up your place in one gulp. You need to find out exactly what is owed. Possibly your kids could take out a loan to get it paid off, unless it’s in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Could your DD and husband put a mobile home on your property! Remodel the garage into their living space? Just throwing ideas out there.
I think Medicaid was $175,000 owed when DH died 5 years ago. There is no room to put a mobile on this property and no money. The garage is about falling down, 1 car garage. I have thought we should sell this and take the money and restart in a small town with fixer up homes. DD and husband and DS will never own homes here and it is going to be like Calif. soon. The rent is high. DD's husband has a lot of brothers and sisters and his unmarried brother moved back home and anther moved into his dad's business building, which is rented, but he moved into the office space. His sister is married and they need a bigger home over on the Washington side and qualified for a $300,000 loan but nothing can be bought for that price and they would bid on something and out bid by thousands. His parents are here in their 60s and renting. His sister, 3 unmarried brothers, a brother married with a baby, my brother is here. I keep trying to figure out what is the best. Maybe should take out the equity on the house and pay Medicaid off and then this would be DS's home.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I emailed and said not interested at the moment. I am not sure if the bank that sold this loan to them knew DH had died, but he was gone for 2 years when this last bank bought the loan, so they bought a loan from a dead man and me, so anyway, they said no worries, just reaching out to let me know of lower interest rates. All I know is I am planning to pay extra monthly and take a few years off this and then put the house in DS's name. Medicaid I am going to get a lawyer later on and see what I owe and figure a way to make payments or see about a settlement, but not right now. DS could get married and be living somewhere else when I die at age 120 LOLLLLL. It rained this morning, lightening and thunder, so everything is watered good and growing. I have just been very busy with DD and being pregnant and helping her.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DH and I were called by our mortgagor, at that time, Citibank, in 2013 and asked about a refi.
(I have been a mobile notary for these type of signings for 9 years now, so I have seen thousands of them.)
The refinance dropped our payments down to ~$350/month, so it Was a win-win.
Our interest rate is about 3%.
NOW refi's are NOT affordable.
We were also miffed bc Citibank Sold our loan to Mr. Cooper as soon as the ink was dry.
I think they want to sell your loan.
Smart to just say, "no."

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Sore today, @baymule !

In bed for 8 hours - didn't think that would be happening but ... it happened.

Could return to the garden today but won't. Yesterday, I hurried through the garden work because DW said initially that she didn't want to stay after 10am and I had forgotten to turn off the little sprinklers on the eastside walkway at home 😬 . Realized that after I was 17 miles away. About 5 hours when I'd intended to turn the water off in 45 minutes! Well, the valve was open the lowest amount for anywhere in the yard & just so the sprinklers worked but still !! Two hours of running the rototiller with a 10 minute break - when I remembered the sit.u.a.tion at home 🤔.

Thought we could have some New Potatoes because it would be so nice to have them with the peas. Well, they will have to wait. Didn't . even . make . the . suggestion.

Steve

zMonroe.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes I’m sore. I quit at 3:20 yesterday, was tired. Going back for more this morning.

i've made it as far as drinking a glass of water, burying some veggie scraps and hauling a few wheelbarrows full of rocks and put them at the end of the driveway. it is only 9am and i'm already overheated. i think i'll make something for breakfast - dunno what... maybe another glass of water.

Latest posts