Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I miss my clothesline. When we moved here it worked pretty well, but then the wooden posts started to rot, so I took it down. Also, unlike when we lived in town, it was under several maple trees and the birds like to shxt on the sheets.
BLECH!!! :sick
Can't think of another place to have a clothes line, so...we'll see.
At the other house I used to use the 4 line clothesline ALL OF THE TIME. That's probably why the old dryer that we inherited lasted so long.
I used to bring clothes in off the line and they would have earwigs inside. I guess they get on the clothes for moisture. It was not all the time, just seemed to be a certain time of the year it would happen. I also would pick elderberries and have them in a big bowl and I would have to keep the berries outside and get another bowl and get all the earwigs off before I could bring them in the house.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another day of sitting in recliner, foot up, ice pack on, watching Sheep TV out the window, which, by the way, is about a million times better than anything on daytime TV. Even that is kinda boring right now as they are taking their noon time nap and ruminating. Selfish sheep, don't they know I'm bored?
As I am recovering I sit in my recliner and watch old Gunsmoke shows on DVD. I have my curtains open and watch the birds and squirrels and my cat sleeping on my lap.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I used to bring clothes in off the line and they would have earwigs inside. I guess they get on the clothes for moisture. It was not all the time, just seemed to be a certain time of the year it would happen. I also would pick elderberries and have them in a big bowl and I would have to keep the berries outside and get another bowl and get all the earwigs off before I could bring them in the house.
I love hanging my clothes out to dry! They last longer and smell so fresh and clean. I have a few spots to hang them where nothing gets on them - yay!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Earwigs invade my dahlias
Yes, and they shred petals. I don't know if Spinosad just keeps them off the flowers or kills them but it works. (So does the 3 in 1.)

I have never seen earwigs in the clothes hung out and FORTUNATELY, there are no power lines or tree branches over the clothes line. I've never seen a bird stop on the line, as well. It may be too unstable for their comfort. Heaven knows, we have enuf sparrows in the yard.

Steve

Last edited: