Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love sitting in offiçe, eating breakfast, drinking coffee, surfing, & watching the aquarium with NO noise. When DW gets up, first thing she does is radio or TV. She yells if anyone turns it on before she gets up as “Stop making noise!” WOMEN!

i do not like noise in the morning, even nice noise like gentle music can be tough on me. after i'm awake about an hour i can tolerate music and some noises, but i do put my foot down on heavy brass, bluegrass, most country and salsa. i decided the other day that almost all severe latin music isn't really fitting for mornings either.

we've agreed here that before 9am music is not on. i already turned it on though today because i woke up early enough and i have some mild stuff on.

today i'm getting caught up on my Enya music rotation. :)

at night i like it quiet to sleep but these evenings i often fall asleep to the sound of Mom watching her dvd shows (which have things blowing up and gunfire often enough) so i've become able to fall asleep with that on.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I eat breakfast mostly out of habit -- and, I feel better for having done so. I can wind down to just about nothing before lunch if I don't eat in the morning. It is better if it's early and in a couple of hours, I'll be hungry.

Today, another "meeting." I have my notes to share, completed and just printed. Laundry hung out - in the dark and under the stars 🙄. Crazy but it needs to be in the sunshine so it was only one load today and that fits over the backyard lawn. Would have taken over an hour of running the dryer since a large load like that would have been best as two loads in the dryer. And all that heat would need to just be run out of the house (as usual) because it will be a sunny day with, perhaps, a record late 80°, altho' that may be hit again over the weekend (27°C).

@seedcorn , just take your hearing aids out. Works for me :D.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I miss my clothesline. When we moved here it worked pretty well, but then the wooden posts started to rot, so I took it down. Also, unlike when we lived in town, it was under several maple trees and the birds like to shxt on the sheets.
BLECH!!! :sick
Can't think of another place to have a clothes line, so...we'll see.
At the other house I used to use the 4 line clothesline ALL OF THE TIME. That's probably why the old dryer that we inherited lasted so long.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
BTW

It's German American Day! Just learned that :). Founders of Germantown, Pennsylvania in 1683.

So, do your Thing!
Time to eat bratwurst and drink beer like there’s no tomorrow!!!
They've been doing this since 1683...the bratwurst and the...beer thing...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another day of sitting in recliner, foot up, ice pack on, watching Sheep TV out the window, which, by the way, is about a million times better than anything on daytime TV. Even that is kinda boring right now as they are taking their noon time nap and ruminating. Selfish sheep, don't they know I'm bored?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
YOU need to order some good gardening books!
Check for cheaper and used, I saw one for about $8
ANYTHING by Eliot Coleman
AND a good movie, "Master and Commander: Far Side of the World"
Watch the movie-
then,
read the books

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love coffee. It is my morning drink. I switch to tea afternoons or as it makes for a nicer afternoon or eveing if I am a bit late. I want to get the more loose team and am trying to grow my camomile to make my own. Does anyone else do this?
I've grown my own chamomile and mint and make tea out of it! Very good! The best part is both of these plants grow back each season and I do not need to replant!

Latest posts