Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think your broccoli wasn't bred to grow at your elevation and summer conditions.
That’s it, Ducks’. But some things from the U of New Hampshire have done well. Actually, I don’t know where it is from but the seed company said adapted to NE 🙄. Has a good come-back.

Eastern Magic is a hybrid. I could have chosen the best plant and allowed it to develop seeds but it would be very iffy. The local sourcing for variety makes good sense but we have to realize that the seed companies are buy those seeds to resell. Are they bound by a desire for local or are they coming from just anywhere?

Cynical Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
HEY, Wait a minute!!!
DH likes me to blame him, like when I borrowed his keys to My car, bc I locked the side door and didn't want to go back for them, and then accidentally tossed them in the air, and accidentally "lost" them, and blamed DH for it.
:confused: 😬 :hit
You have now made me fragile.
I will pour myself some Peach Schnapps...for 3rd breakfast.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Cream of Wheat for breakfast but doubt if I can bring DW even slightly off her 5 mornings/week interest in having oatmeal. Maybe if I start calling it "mush" ... except that really describes all hot cereals - mush. Cornmeal mush was fairly common when I was a kid. Can't say that I miss having it so often.

Variety! That makes life more interesting. Maybe not simpler.

Thing. No thing. Nothing. What is a thing? I bet 99% of English speakers can't avoid saying that word thru a single day.

The "thing" in early German-speaking communities were meetings where decisions were made. An assembly of people - perhaps, elected. The word carried over into English and broadened, broadened ... wow! That's a Thing. But, it could just as easily be a "thingy." Cripes! My spellchecker even knows that word!

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don’t remember last time I had mush. I’m with your wife except it’s 6/7 days of oatmeal for me. Saturday’s I splurge.

Love sitting in offiçe, eating breakfast, drinking coffee, surfing, & watching the aquarium with NO noise. When DW gets up, first thing she does is radio or TV. She yells if anyone turns it on before she gets up as “Stop making noise!” WOMEN!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i am rarely hungry when i wake up, i have to force myself to have breakfast. this morning is no exception to that... i will have some oatmeal with tart cherries and peanut butter. now that it is getting cooler a hot breakfast is edible.

when i am hungry in the morning it usually means i ate late at night.

Latest posts