Coffee

Jane23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
a teaspoon of instant coffee and a cup of water from the tap. 10-20 seconds max...
I am sorry. To me, that is like blasphemy. An old stove percolator produces quality coffee. Yes, it takes a minute, but its worth it. I wish I could grow coffee trees, but it would take probably 1 million acres for there to be enough to satisfy me.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took the granddaughters to my sister’s house to meet my DD yesterday . We had a great time, I can’t wait for them to come back. Pippa says till next time, bye y’all.

64367953-82FC-4FA8-B850-296169AA192A.jpeg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I think it's your coffee @flowerbug . No kick in freeze dried...stuff...whatever you can call it.
We have a good friend who insisted on drinking freeze dried coffee. He also insisted that it was the rapid boiling water that made it taste good.
I make it stronger for DH bc he spoils it with an inch of 1/2 & 1/2. Most of the time I water it down a bit, like last night, when doggies got me up at 4AM. I wanted something hot, there is always leftover coffee, so I went 1/2 water + coffee and nuked it in the microwave (older one) for a minute 30.
Ate a piece of sourdough w/butter bc coffee on an empty stomach will just sit there.
Coffee cupboard, 10-31-22.jpg
I drink REAL COFFEE. DD has a standing order with 8'O Clock and we get a package of four packages of 32 oz Dark Italian Roast beans. I grind beans right before I make my coffee.
But...to each his own.
Maybe your coffee is so fresh to you that you compelled to slap it?

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Spent the last two hours trying to figure out why I was still so tired after getting 9 hours of sleep. Now that the coffee has kicked in I had to remind myself that that’s the first night I’ve gotten more than 6 hours of sleep this week and I spent all day yesterday moving furniture. No wonder I feel like crap still. Unfortunately I’ve got church and family obligations today and work on Monday so no rest for me. I plan on going to bed as soon as I get home this afternoon. Even if it’s as early as 4pm.
My neighbour wakes me up then chokes me with his skunk as I get up.

I hope I can have a lay down later

Latest posts