Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Gosh, I realized that I never have identified my first breakfasts, here WITH MY COFFEE, which is, of course, black. So...revealed.
Usually I like my coffee with some kind of bread/toast. I have stocked up (frozen extras) cinnamon raisin bread, or leftover (from a previous dinner,) GOOD sourdough.
For the past 3 days I have been eating on leftover stuffed pepper stuffing bc DD makes too much.
Often I have some kinds of eggs...Saturday morning I ate on restaurant leftovers of DD's Cod with almondine and tarter sauce.
I love dinners as breakfast AND breakfasts as dinners. Except for salads...NOT a good choice for breakfasts, Precious.
I think it comes from being 1/2 Croatian, a country who managed to steal most of the Adriatic coastline and do lots of fishing there.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. DW is up early and offering to cook blueberry pancakes! Can't turn that down :).

Puppy sitting for Garbanzo the Dog. DD is off on a business trip for about a week. I was never in a technical field and, if we discount my short time as a social worker, never had an office job. Hers is. Then, she comes home to 3 dogs. DW does not understand the interest in having 3 dogs; even though, she personally has a good relationship with 'Banzo. I do. There's a partnership.

:) Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we got frosted last night again. i wanna be hibernated! brrr!

i guess i have to settle for some hot chocolate this morning. :)

i'm not sure what would qualify for office jobs because i've worked in and around several offices. the family business sometimes i was doing cleaning and even dishes amid all the warehouse stuff, truck driving, hauling stuff in and out of jobs, cleaning up jobs, etc.

(as a side note my brother still has an office there at that warehouse but the place is owned by a roofing company now - he just rents the space)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i settled on oatmeal this morning as it is cool enough and i want something warm and it has to last me all day. tart cherries and peanut butter as garnishes, but i guess the cherries wouldn't quite count as that since i cook them right in there to plump them up. :)

the hot chocolate sure did hit the spot (i'm wired! hahahaha!) !

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. I've finished my cold cereal with banana and grapes on the side. Sitting back in the Lazyboy with the oolong.

I wasn't awakened but as soon as I was in the kitchen this AM, there came a little Yip-yip from the utility room from Garbanzo the Dog. She was relieved to be out of her crate/dog house but not desperate or in a great hurry to be outdoors for further relief. She spends so much time on her pillow that her rascally personality has somewhat receded into her youthful past.

DD tells us that this is the way that she now behaves at home. Garbanzo is such a livewire when both primary humans, DD & DW are together, it's surprising how quickly she returns to being as immovable as flowers on wallpaper.

Soon, off to do just a little something in the big veggie garden this morning. Shouldn't pass up what might be an okay Fall day as a 1 out of about 10 here in late October.

Steve, fair weather gardener

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pippa, the visiting Silky Terrier that likes to sneak into the garbage.

74798297-C5E1-4CF4-90CD-BEB4EA9B242D.jpeg

Sentry, the Livestock Guard Dog who is enjoying “getting over” being sick from whatever it was that nearly killed him.

69719BD4-8791-4EFB-99DF-E8AA9915682C.jpeg