Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
homemade?
Sure! DW likes zucchini but me - only in bread.

Frozen and then back in the fridge, it's best run through the toaster oven rather than the microwave.

Plenty of Winter squash for pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. Former California resident that you are Dahlia, have you been to Half Moon Bay? There is a recipe for pumpkin bread with that handle that I use for pumpkin bread 😘.

digitS', back from the plow and shovel

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sure! DW likes zucchini but me - only in bread.

Frozen and then back in the fridge, it's best run through the toaster oven rather than the microwave.

Plenty of Winter squash for pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. Former California resident that you are Dahlia, have you been to Half Moon Bay? There is a recipe for pumpkin bread with that handle that I use for pumpkin bread 😘.

digitS', back from the plow and shovel
Yes, I've been to Half Moon Bay a couple of times. Once as a child picking out Halloween pumpkins and later I went to the beach there with friends.
The pumpkin bread sounds good too!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It has rained all night. It’s supposed to stop in a little while. There is a band of rain along the Gulf coast, in Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana. Looks like it’s heading to Alabama. I’m on the upper edge. It’s 62F with a high of 67F. Looks like our hot spell is gone. I’ve been outside as much as possible, enjoying the balmy beautiful sunshine days. This morning is church, then I might get back to working on the shelves in the utility room. I’ve ignored them in favor of playing outside.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here ya go. This recipe has been out there a long time and seems quite popular. I've been making it for 9 or 10 years.

Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Bread – Half Moon Bay, CA. Bake-off Winner

3 c Sugar, granulated
3 1/2 c Flour, all-purpose
1/2 t Salt
2 t Baking soda
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Nutmeg
4 lg. Eggs
1 c Vegetable oil
2 c Pumpkin (cooked)
2/3 c Water
1 1/2 c Walnuts, chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter your containers well. Sift the dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the eggs, oil, pumpkin and water. Beat thoroughly. It’s easier to get all the lumps out if you use an electric mixer. Stir in the walnuts with a wooden spoon.

Pour the batter into the containers, filling each only half to two-thirds full. Bake for 60-90 minutes, depending on the sizes of your containers. If you’re using a very small container, start checking much sooner. The bread is done when a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Cool about ten minutes, then loosen the edges of the bread with a knife, and turn out of the pans to cool the rest of the way on a rack.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here ya go. This recipe has been out there a long time and seems quite popular. I've been making it for 9 or 10 years.

Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Bread – Half Moon Bay, CA. Bake-off Winner

3 c Sugar, granulated
3 1/2 c Flour, all-purpose
1/2 t Salt
2 t Baking soda
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Nutmeg
4 lg. Eggs
1 c Vegetable oil
2 c Pumpkin (cooked)
2/3 c Water
1 1/2 c Walnuts, chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter your containers well. Sift the dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the eggs, oil, pumpkin and water. Beat thoroughly. It’s easier to get all the lumps out if you use an electric mixer. Stir in the walnuts with a wooden spoon.

Pour the batter into the containers, filling each only half to two-thirds full. Bake for 60-90 minutes, depending on the sizes of your containers. If you’re using a very small container, start checking much sooner. The bread is done when a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Cool about ten minutes, then loosen the edges of the bread with a knife, and turn out of the pans to cool the rest of the way on a rack.

yum! Mom is making bran muffins right now but i know for sure i'd much rather have Pumpkin Bread instead... :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes you do!

I have 1 end table in the living room that I set my phone on and the nightstand by the bed. Nowhere else. Or it’s in my pocket. Since I’m here by myself and doing all sorts of things outside, it is ALWAYS in my pocket. My son, concerned, since he knows his momma so well, suggested one of those do-hickeys to hang around my neck. I told him my cell phone is always in my pocket and that pacified him.

I’d be willing to bet that medicine had side effects that were making you feel bad.

Coffee is ready and I’m itching to get outside and greet the day! Got to find a new feed store. The one I went to for years before moving to Lindale, is always out of the feed I need for the sheep. Several times they have substituted a different feed than what I asked for, with high copper content. Sheep don’t do well on copper. It accumulates in their liver and eventually they die. Hair sheep can tolerate a little copper, but not high amounts. So, I’m done.
Yes the medicine was making me feel bad. I hope you find a new store. We have to go to different stores now to get the cat food brand and the cat litter we use. I noticed the shelves also missing other brands of cat and dog food. Big empty areas where cans used to be. Also, the 18 eggs that were $4 something last week were $5.88 yesterday. We went to a different store and 18 eggs were $2.98.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I’ll have mine with a scoop of collagen and cream please. With a side order of vitamins. Much thanks to @ninnymary for the tip on the collagen. I have one mechanical knee that will never bend like the one I was born with, even at its best. I’d kinda like to keep the other one.
Therapy this morning, then home and hitch up the trailer. Reina has a vet appointment at 2:00. She has a runny nose and more than likely needs her teeth floated.

Latest posts