Coffee

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
we often make muffins with them. :) we start with the corn muffin mix and then Mom adds some flour to it so it isn't quite so gritty for her.
Tempting... but since I an trying to avoid gaining back the weight I've lost, "muffin" is a 4-letter word (in diet math). :lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tempting... but since I an trying to avoid gaining back the weight I've lost, "muffin" is a 4-letter word (in diet math). :lol:

for sure! and i do understand, i also don't want to gain too much back of what i've lost so i only had one bran muffin yesterday and haven't had any others today...

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
About once a week I diverge from the usual oatmeal with frozen blueberries to have it with peanut butter and chocolate chips. YUM!
As I have mentioned, back when I was a kid, I'd melt American cheese into mine (which was unsweetened oatmeal) as did my mother when she was a kid. So to me, the idea of sweet oatmeal actually sounds disgusting (probably as disgusting as non-sweet oatmeal sounds to most other people.)

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As I have mentioned, back when I was a kid, I'd melt American cheese into mine (which was unsweetened oatmeal) as did my mother when she was a kid. So to me, the idea of sweet oatmeal actually sounds disgusting (probably as disgusting as non-sweet oatmeal sounds to most other people.)
Interesting! What is the approach, a single slice on top and it just melts from the heat of the oatmeal? I have sharp cheddar, gouda, and Jarlsburg. Would one of those work as well, do you think?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting! What is the approach, a single slice on top and it just melts from the heat of the oatmeal? I have sharp cheddar, gouda, and Jarlsburg. Would one of those work as well, do you think?
More or less, though I generally added two or three slices (I like mine cheesy) broken up and then stirred them in.

As for those cheeses. Gouda might work (though plain gouda is a little bland to my taste) Sharp cheddar might be too oily and Jarlsburg too rubbery when melted.

I tried cream cheese once. Not much flavor, but it made it really creamy.

If you were looks for cheeses specifically to melt in, Raclette might be interesting (it's designed to melt anyway).

Latest posts