Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Microwave? I used the toaster oven to heat the remaining waffle from yesterday's banana and cranberry waffles.

While doing that, I was reminded of @Dirtmechanic 's post on Smart devices in the tools forum. Looking through the drawer with kitchen tool instructions for something else the other day, I came across the toaster oven's book and took just a moment to look at it. I've been frustrated ever since we had those ovens how I can't properly control the toasting time. Shoot ... the instructions say turn the dial beyond 20 minutes before turning it back to whatever time you wish for it to remain on.

! I didn't know that! I wonder if it was true with the others we have had. ? Suspect that I still cannot trust it ...

Yes, we have a microwave, although my kitchen use well predates the availability of microwaves. (Remember the suspicions we had re microwaves when they first arrived in the Sears catalogs and at the Western Auto stores ;)? Anyway, I thought I was doing well at setting aside those notions (even if I couldn't set my toaster oven.)

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That radar doesn't discriminate between rain & snow; it is snowing over most of the U.S. Northeast. The winter storm warning for parts of Maine predicts up to 15" of snow, presumably south-eastern Canada will get a lot as well.

Finally able to get caught up on a lot of lost sleep, so got up late this morning. Went to make hot water for coffee... and realized that I never turned the coffee maker off yesterday! :ep The pot, which had been half-full yesterday, was boiled dry. Second time I've done that this year... I may just start microwaving water as needed instead. I think when I lost half of my heart, I lost half of my memory too.
Go buy a new coffee maker that turns itself off. Then you don’t have to remember. The other half of your heart would approve. :love

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me too!

Starting with broth on-hand can save time with any soup and some other things. And, even make somethings better where one could have just done it with water.

Steve

Good Morning. Oatmeal with brown sugar, cream cheese, almond milk with an apple.

Bad weather can sure put an extra strain on holidays. Remember that if there is snow, it will brighten up your world. Stay cozy and read or watch something that makes you feel at home.

Steve
Hey Steve, lately I have been on an oatmeal for breakfast kick. I tend to eat the same breakfast for a year and then I just switch to something else. I like my old fashion oatmeal (not the quick type) with whole milk, honey (because I have a lot and trying to use it up), blueberries and 1/2 banana.

I've noticed that it keeps me easily full till lunchtime. Usually I eat a mid morning snack with other breakfasts.

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is this all the same storm? East Texas, Louisiana (@Ridgerunner ?), Florida? Now this Storm is heading north after sliding all that way east. And, it may, what, collide with the big snow storm running east out of the Upper Midwest??
Same system Steve. I and mine are OK after that F2 tornado touched down.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Or both at once!

It's funny though @ducks4you how quickly we lose the taste for sweets if we ever stop eating them (completely) for a week or two. Same with salt. The hard part is complete elimination because they are in so many prepared foods and most people don't read labels.
Ducks4you, try cooking in some apple bits, cinnamon, with sugar in your oatmeal! Yum! My daughter's favorite!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Diced Bosc pear in the cream of wheat with brown sugar and butter this morning, an apple on the side. Goes very well with the oolong .

An early morning drive with the temperature nearly in the single digitS' and a little new snow with more on the way. Yesterday's drive was encouraging in that, by far!, the road our home is on was in the worse condition. Arterials were fine. Imma hoping that today's round trip is complete before another "3 to 5 inches" begins. Looks possible.

Steve

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Diced Bosc pear in the cream of wheat with brown sugar and butter this morning, an apple on the side. Goes very well with the oolong .

An early morning drive with the temperature nearly in the single digitS' and a little new snow with more on the way. Yesterday's drive was encouraging in that, by far!, the road our home is on was in the worse condition. Arterials were fine. Imma hoping that today's round trip is complete before another "3 to 5 inches" begins. Looks possible.

Steve
You are making me hungry! I like to thickly slice pears (or apples), and then fry them in just a little bit of butter in a cast iron pan. After a couple of minutes I add vanilla, and just a pinch of cinnamon and brown sugar. They make a great warm topping for waffles, which would not be complete without squirty whipped cream too of course.

Latest posts