Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woke up at 4:00. WHY do I do this?? Drinking last bit of coffee, then I’ll get something for breakfast, get dressed and work on utility room shelves. I may be able to finish them today and start loading them up. Shelves are 611/2” long and 29” deep. Going to be a bright sunny day.

Christmas weekend isn’t looking so good. Prediction is 17F for night of 23rd, high of 32F for Christmas Eve. Christmas Day isn’t showing up on the 10 day forecast yet, but it ain’t looking good. I might be staying home to care for my animals if it snows like the ugly rumors floating around are saying. I could get stuck at sisters house because east Texas doesn’t have any snow equipment. My plans were to feed and put out plenty of hay Christmas Eve, spend night at sister’s and come Christmas Day, late. Might be staying home.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Coffee with a bagel. Since I got the "Yuck" I am not enjoying my coffee OR wine as much.
I opened up December 8th on my wine calendar last night, and I didn't finish the bottle. :(
@baymule, don't worry about getting up early. Pretend you didn't, do your chores, INCLUDING make you bed really nice and put a nice blanket folded on top of it. In the afternoon you will have a slump, so take a nap. Darkest time of the year and great for napping! Eva usually joins me or DH for an afternoon nap AND "bedcat," our grey diluted calico that we raised.
Then, you will stay up to your usual time.
Your schedule should readjust.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Oatmeal with brown sugar, cream cheese, almond milk with an apple.

Bad weather can sure put an extra strain on holidays. Remember that if there is snow, it will brighten up your world. Stay cozy and read or watch something that makes you feel at home.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This Morning: I don't understand this storm in the US South.

Is this all the same storm? East Texas, Louisiana (@Ridgerunner ?), Florida? Now this Storm is heading north after sliding all that way east. And, it may, what, collide with the big snow storm running east out of the Upper Midwest??

digitS'

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coffee with homemade cookies 😍
1187.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have had morning coffee, been outside to feed,hay animals. Picked a bowl of chickweed for tacos tonight. It is washed and in the refrigerator. When I fed Reina this morning, she got a halter lesson. No halter, no feed. Amazing how compliant she becomes. After she eats, I take her out of her stall, walk her around, then remove the halter and put it back on several times. Ended with a treat. I painted a couple of boards for a closet project. Painting goes slow. It’s in the big utility room due to weather. The small sawhorses only hold two 1x12’s at a time. Paint one side with Kilz, let dry. Flip over, paint other side with Kilz. Let dry. Paint with paint. Let dry. Flip over, paint other side. So, it takes several days to get a board painted and ready to work with.

Just finished last of the coffee. Now I’ll finish getting Christmas presents wrapped.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This Morning: I don't understand this storm in the US South.

Is this all the same storm? East Texas, Louisiana (@Ridgerunner ?), Florida? Now this Storm is heading north after sliding all that way east. And, it may, what, collide with the big snow storm running east out of the Upper Midwest??

digitS'

check out this map:

the one big swirly has been going across for several days now. looks like it is pulling moisture from the south Atlantic coast and going to wrap it around again.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
That radar doesn't discriminate between rain & snow; it is snowing over most of the U.S. Northeast. The winter storm warning for parts of Maine predicts up to 15" of snow, presumably south-eastern Canada will get a lot as well.

Finally able to get caught up on a lot of lost sleep, so got up late this morning. Went to make hot water for coffee... and realized that I never turned the coffee maker off yesterday! :ep The pot, which had been half-full yesterday, was boiled dry. Second time I've done that this year... I may just start microwaving water as needed instead. I think when I lost half of my heart, I lost half of my memory too.

Latest posts