Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning

Up and neglecting the close following of routine. Herbal tea finally steeping on the stove. I like to give that orange zest and licorice root an hour before sampling a little after Oolong.

Noticed an ad for "redwood" just before checking TEG and realizing that some folks must think that it is some sorta health aid. I have to strongly suspect that it is wishful thinking and the strength of that may/may not lead me to finding some studies (by reputable institutions) that support such a notion.

I identify somewhat with redwoods ;). Perhaps because I was introduced to them at a very young age as a California native. Where I grew up (in Oregon) you very nearly had to pass through the Coastal Redwoods going and coming to my place of origin, the Monterey Peninsula. Of course, that meant that I should identify more with the Monterey Pine but that might be coming now, with age, as I become a little more comfortably bent in stature ... probaby from sitting too long in this lazyboy rather than attending my breakfast!

Steve

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good Thursday Morning everyone!
Coffee is ready and hot here too! I'm also on my second cup but about to go on 3rd cup.
Right now temp is 49 but it's supposed to be getting up to 72 here today. Practically all this week I've been having temps in the high 60s which is very unusual for Feb but the weather people are calling for ICE on Sunday which of course is normal for us to get some kind of yucky weather just before Valentine's Day.
I know Y'All don't know my GodMother but please do me a huge favor and put her into your prayers. She just found out late Monday afternoon she was a mass on her left kidney, has to go for a CT Scan here soon.
Praying for her!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Drinking my coffee. I had a busy day yesterday being a grandma. DD and kids came over and we went to the Dollar Tree and to Walmart and then back to my house and we ate and the kids played.

DD looked through books and things I packed away from when DD and DS were homeschooled. DD is gathering supplies for starting K5 with Evelyn this fall. She can already read a little. She has been reading Dick and Jane and can spell some words and write her name and count.

Yesterday was a fun grandma day where everything I did was wonderful. LOL 🏆 I made pumpkin bread and they loved it. I made a seat cover and tank cover out of flannel for the bathroom they use and they said PRETTY! LOL Izzy is almost 3 and has seen the throw pillows on the couch her whole life.. They have covers I made and she was holding the pillow and said PRETTY PILLOW. LOL Izzy was wearing a jacket I made Evelyn a couple of years ago. It is red with Winnie the Pooh fabric on the inside. It has a pointed hood and is called a Red Riding Hood jacket. She loves it! Today, I am going to cut fabric to make dresses for them and a romper for Wes.

I saw potting soil at Walmart and probably ACE has it now. I am going to start getting my things ready and go through my seeds. I know I need to start onions soon. I doubt my garden is going to be as small as I said lol.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I find nothing about redwood as some natural remedy for anything using google search site:edu.

Some might think that the referrals by common folks should be enuf - for health questions? for a supplement in diet? Not

digitS'

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Yesterday I did a whole lot of nothing. Went outside, it was windy and cold. I have a nasty head cold from going out in rain and cold 6 times a day for two weeks, to doctor Reina’s eye. So I didn’t hang outside yesterday. It saved Reina’s eye, the vet thought she’d have to take her eye, it was a bad infection. So if I got sick because of saving her eye, that’s ok. Blind on one side is permanent, I’ll get over this crap in a week or two. Phooey. I hate being sick.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm up! The Stars and Moon are bright.

Breakfast was a bowl of hot oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar, splash of almond milk, with a Honeycrisp apple and the cup of Oolong.

I'm almost afraid to jinx us by noting how long it has been since DW and I have had a cold. Such limited interaction with others through the recent couple of years ...

The February weather sure hasn't been very taxing. Funny human behavior, especially with young guys. I haven't seen many in shorts this year but as soon as daytimes had 40+ afternoons, some were showing up outdoors in t-shirts.

It's 20°f (-7C) right now but with no wind, it was comfortable to stand out on the deck for a few minutes and be dazzled by the bright moonlight.

Steve

Latest posts