Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Cream of Wheat with raisins, dried apricots and brown sugar. Strawberries "from Mexico" but we are definitely in the dried/canned fruit season. Our orange purchase recently was for some really tasteless things but, at least, they aren't sour.

Herbal tea is Lemon Verbena and Anise Hyssop, finally. I think that it is somewhat near enough a 2023 harvest to begin using the sprigs from the freezer :). .Places to go, this AM.

Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING ALL!! Time to rise and shine and get to all of our chores (no matter if they are inside or outside) but before that enjoy a cup of coffee (HOT and READY) with either a cinnamon roll or choc chip muffin (which one can be split for 2 people).
What am I doing up this early- who knows but the internal alarm clock told me it was time to get up an hour ago, never allowed to sleep past 4 :mad::duc:barnie:rant on the days FH off or on the weekend and if I do then it throws my whole day off.
Well, time for me to get my second cup of go go juice ( jet fuel as FH calls it).
In 5 hours should be at the vet with my youngest pup who just has to have his physical, a couple shots today. By the end of it will HOPEFULLY :fl (fingers crossed) know his age and have a better idea his breed (was told last Sat [Feb 13] there's a possibility he's Great Dane and Cane Corso mixed but nobody can say for sure seeing how his parents owners have 1 Great Dane, 1 Cane Corso and 1 American Mastiff).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Always dreams before I wake up the final time as well as any sleep interruptions overnight. Simple or complex, usually very brief, perplexing after awakening because it is often a mystery why I'm dreaming about this or that. Sometimes, quite interesting but if I fall back asleep before rising, they will be forgotten with the new dream.

The one this morning involved cats and a ferret. Very friendly, too friendly. I'm in someone's home who is not there and I don't know if the ferret and cats belong in the house or not and, while they are happy to climb on me, I can't get them outside. And outside, there are two more cats! I'm borrowing a pickup for a drive somewhere - it's all I can do to get the cats out of the pickup leaving and returning.

Very friendly, it's nice to be so comfortably accepted but frustrating because they are cats! And, a ferret ...

:D Steve, not a cat owner

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
my youngest pup who just has to have his physical, a couple shots today. By the end of it will HOPEFULLY :fl (fingers crossed) know his age and have a better idea his breed
The only way to know what breeds make up a dog of unknown heritage is by a DNA test. Sending a cheek swab to Embark or WisdomPanel will provide a definitive answer. Age is guesswork, for a veterinarian or a lay person.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The only way to know what breeds make up a dog of unknown heritage is by a DNA test. Sending a cheek swab to Embark or WisdomPanel will provide a definitive answer. Age is guesswork, for a veterinarian or a lay person.
Good Morning everyone! Coffee is hot and ready!
Found out that my pup isn't really a pup but he's almost a year old, weighs 53.8 Lbs. He's going to have to have minor surgery down the road though and I'm sorry it has to do with him getting fixed seeing how only one testicle dropped. Speaking of getting fixed my beagle goes for that surgery on April 14th. The vet was very surprised at how well mannered and behaved the pup (Savage) is.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zface.png
Actually, my kid is up and texting as I sat down in the lazyboy this early AM. However, my kid is in his 50's and looks a bit like the grumpy guy in the picture :D ⬆️

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
did a little more shovelling today but the underlayer is frozen to the cement so i'm not going to get down further than what i scraped off. just going to have to melt or sublimate until it is gone. chance of crud Wed-Thur, but Friday and Saturday are looking mostly ok.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
the underlayer is frozen to the cement
You are scraping soil off of pavement?

Not as heavy as @Phaedra 's material, I've placed 2 dozen bricks just off the concrete pad at the base of the back steps. Over the years, the ground has just sunk more and more. A half dozen bricks need to be added but soil is needed, also. I'd like to take a few shovelfuls from the garden paths but it is frozen, muddy on top but frozen. Better look elsewhere as temperatures are soon supposed to sink into single digitS'

Latest posts