Coffee

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a pleb. I've been starting my day with tea with a splash of milk, since I was 18. That would be 50 years ago next week.

When the C stuff started up in Feb 2020, I stocked up on tea and coffee. I even buy tea at estate sales. Its old and I don't care. Its called dollar cost averaging, but I've yet to buy any fresh stock.

When I had my colonoscopy earlier this week, the MOST SATISFYING taste to my shocked system was my morning tea, consumed at 1 p.m. after my groggy self was brought home. LOVE MY regular ol' tea.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone! Happy Weekend! Have a satisifing Saturday Y'all.
Coffee is ready and it's HOT so come enjoy. I guess I'm going to have to get tea for all you none coffee drinkers. I apologize for not having any at that moment, guess it's because I'm not used to anyone who isn't a coffee drinker.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Attracted to gardening - ornamental and food. Back in the days when I made money from the ornamental, I still had the food garden closer to home. One has to eat!

:D In some ways, it's a little surprising that I can work in an ornamental setting. My first desire is to rest ... Take it Easy :).

Steve, who probably is most motivated to activity with other critters, when we can flock together and can herd to green pastures to sustain ourselves

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... may we suggest that you sample our five o'clock tea
Which we feel certain will tempt your pallet?
However we regret that after a diligent search
Of the premises
By our entire staff
We can positively affirm without fear of contradiction
That our raspberries are delicious; really delicious
Very delicious
But we have no bananas today.
Yes, we gotta no banana
No banana
We gotta no banana todaaay 🎵 ...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ll gladly have a cup of coffee! I had a birthday party for the middle granddaughter last night. Built a campfire for roasting weenies, sausage links and marshmallows. Invited friends over, had 7 kids running and playing. Everybody had a good time. Carson the dog played chase with the kids, he LOVES to play chase. Got to go to Kingwood today, 2 hours away, to meet parents and give granddaughters back to them. It’s been a fun week.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are HOME. Finally HOME here in Washington state.

I cried on Wednesday nite when we returned to Medford OR. The deer have destroyed my plantings. The house was cold and empty. I forgot to bring a reading light, my ear plugs and book. I was stuck in sadness and then had a horrible nite trying to sleep.

On Thursday, hubs woke up sick sick sick. He stayed in bed (air bed that leaks) until 4. So I ran errands, spent $200 buying things at the feed store for chickens etc (no sales tax in OR), and some clearance stuff at Wallys. Came home and started cleaning room by room. Mind you, the house is empty, but after 6 months on the real estate market it had gotten dusty and buggy.

Friday we got up early, he packed the car, I cleaned three of the four bathrooms for the final time, wiped down countertops, etc. Then he vacuumed until I told him WE HAVE TO LEAVE. Never got all the floors mopped. Raced to the Title company, signed the papers for the sale, got my McD's large black coffee and homeward bound we went. The house closed escrow in the afternoon, so I cancelled the house insurance.

What I will miss: the views of Roxy Ann Mountain, and the golfers and the kitchen.
What I won't miss: the smoke, the heat, the cost of water and the DAMN DEER. There were 14 of them waiting right outside our yard on Thursday nite. Deer poop all over the back yard. GRRRRRR

We are home. Chickens, huge garden, only 1 deer so far, a coyote and a fenced 2.6 acres for dogs to run. Fruit trees. And now money to pay off the mortgage and still have leftover to add a BBQ area, build a carport, and cover the deck with some roofing.

HOME, for as long as I can be healthy and happy here.
:hugs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Yesterday I did a whole lot of nothing. Went outside, it was windy and cold. I have a nasty head cold from going out in rain and cold 6 times a day for two weeks, to doctor Reina’s eye. So I didn’t hang outside yesterday. It saved Reina’s eye, the vet thought she’d have to take her eye, it was a bad infection. So if I got sick because of saving her eye, that’s ok. Blind on one side is permanent, I’ll get over this crap in a week or two. Phooey. I hate being sick.
:hugs
My old boys eye gleam when I clean them in warm water with himalayion salt

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Land sold in 1950. House built 10 years later. Maybe they paid off the land before building the house.
But HOW did the inspector miss a center support beam? That is the whole point of an inspection, to verify that it’s not going to fall down in a heap, to satisfy the lender.
I have come to the conclusion that inspectors are a bunch of fluff. The inspection I got on this house had all these notes, contact an electrician, or get opinion fro professional (enter trade here) . Then WHAT am I paying YOU for?
That's a very good point! 👍

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Boosterism has been a driving force in the development of communities from the word Go. The ties between what have been called developers and local government are strong. Inspection may be limited to recommendations. I have experienced that myself when our home was remodeled. About the only time the contractor showed up was when the inspector was there and his argument was brief and successful.

On a larger scale, citizens can usually take a backseat most anywhere to the powers that be and for a time, may be convinced that it is best and in the interest of boosting the economy.

Thinking about trying oatmeal pancakes this morning. With the customary two morning meals, why not try something new :)?

Steve
I'd like your recipe for those pancakes 🥞 😋

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Always dreams before I wake up the final time as well as any sleep interruptions overnight. Simple or complex, usually very brief, perplexing after awakening because it is often a mystery why I'm dreaming about this or that. Sometimes, quite interesting but if I fall back asleep before rising, they will be forgotten with the new dream.

The one this morning involved cats and a ferret. Very friendly, too friendly. I'm in someone's home who is not there and I don't know if the ferret and cats belong in the house or not and, while they are happy to climb on me, I can't get them outside. And outside, there are two more cats! I'm borrowing a pickup for a drive somewhere - it's all I can do to get the cats out of the pickup leaving and returning.

Very friendly, it's nice to be so comfortably accepted but frustrating because they are cats! And, a ferret ...

:D Steve, not a cat owner
🤔 I got it now...the cat owns you.

Latest posts