Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Up with the bowl of Cheerios and the oolong. Should be spending some time today deciding how to spend some money and the personality immediately sets up resistance.

Paying out resources for replacements and repairs is required as time moves along. It becomes a part of preparing for a future.

Keep your eyes on the horizon, and your digitS' can do some of the walking, Steve.

92463CDAA0D6418EAD21F53B866E4395.png

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone!
I'm at my whits end with my pup, Savage. Went to put him in the kennel with his "brothers" this AM and had to go chase him seeing how he saw a squirrel and decided to go for a run then when I did catch up to him had to fight with him to get him on a leash to bring him home. Yes, I understand he's a pup and pups like to chase things but I'm afraid that one of my neighbors will harm him before I get to him. Eventually when FH hours really pick up we are going to fence the entire backyard in but until that time I don't know what I'm going to do.
There's so much violence going on in society these days I sometimes wish we could go back to the way it was back in the "Little House on the Prairie" days or something like that.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lunch is beef stew and the final pumpkin pie that was in the freezer. There are still 4 Winter squash on basement shelves. Could it at all be possible that they are good enough for another pie??!

@Country Homesteader , are just having trouble moving him from the house to the kennel? Leash? I seem to notice that dog owners are reluctant to have their dogs on chains these days but what about a chain that just reaches into the backdoor and leaves him some sort of area in the yard perhaps separate from the kennelled dogs?

I originally built a picket fence in the front yard to keep a somewhat distant neighbor's 2 dogs out. Every morning early, their door would open and those dogs would run loose for an hour or so. Animal Control showed up once and a different neighbor had to rescue those 2 dogs because the "guilty party" must have been sleeping in.

Some dogs are nearly impossible to keep fenced. A smaller dog, about 20#, moved into the neighborhood after the original 2 moved on. He belonged to a single lady who was living with some folks across the road for a year or two. He was impossible to keep in for them. He would pass through 2 fences sometime after his owner would leave for work. Cute guy, I called him Scruffy Dog.

She was one of the few neighborhood people who would catch the bus into work every day. The stop was just about a block away. Scruffy showed up and with nose to sidewalk, hurry off to see if his mistress was still at the bus stop. After checking, he would usually head right back home.

He gained a companion after a few months but that didn't keep him home. In fact, the two of them began to show up in my backyard, crawling under the gate. Their mistress moved from the neighbors' home and I remember seeing how apprehensive the 2 dogs were climbing into the SUV ferrying things to their new home.

The nextdoor neighbor's old pug showed up in the middle of the road one morning just as I opened the front window curtains. Here I was out in my bathrobe chasing him out of the road and then finding the neighbor with no clue that her front door was open. Darned olde deaf and blind critter!

Are you worried that your neighbors would react violently towards your dog as you are chasing after him?

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Raisins with vodka and benedryl at 3:30AM, 1st breakfast.
2nd breakfast was easter cake leftovers--orange upside down cake--with my coffee.
Still drinking last of my coffee now.
Oh my. So sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather Ducks. Fingers crossed that it passes soon.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Are you worried that your neighbors would react violently towards your dog as you are chasing after him?
Yup! Exactly what I am.
3 of my dogs wear shock collars but I don't think the one Savage has is strong enough or has a long enough range for him. I know some of my neighbors wouldn't hurt him I'm just worried about the ones I don't know, the ones who have an issue with the type of dogs I have that is even though A LOT of my neighbors have that type of dog.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning! Coffee is ready! Going to finish my chicken tractor today and move Cornish Cross chickens.

@Country Homesteader some dogs don’t have a good recall. For intense breeds like Beagles, it takes a lot of patience and training. Hope you can get the fence up soon.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

It seems strange to be having breakfast at sunrise but I am lucky to sleep a later and it looks we are out from under the clouds and wind with a high temp about 50°f (10°C).

I was a little frustrated last night trying to wrap something up with distant family and making no progress. Contributed to waking up almost as soon as I fell asleep last night. Back to the lazyboy and that was enuf to doze off before discomfort drove me back to bed. Maybe I can get a little more done, today.

By distant, I might mean close by some folks measuring. At least, not close/close and I haven't seen them in several years or, much longer. Oh, and you understand that all i share on TEG about personal life here in Timbuktu is fabrication, just notions that any 12 year old learning English for the first time might come up with!

biϱitƧ'

Latest posts