Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zno.png

Just kidding ;).

Lost track of the oolong but there are bananas, Cheerios and Wheat Chex. Became a little too involved in making the herbal tea, deciding to do it first thing. It's all 1 2 3 4 and I need to get it down ... since there are those intimidating & complex 4 ingredients!

The herbs steeping in the kettle on the stove but by this time the water for the oolong was too cool. So, I put the cup in the microwave ... 10 minutes later, I looked for where it's supposed to be beside the bowl of cereal. Oops! Okay, I've got it now – that first cup, down the drain.

Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@flowerbug that's exactly what it means FH=Future Husband thank you for answering @ninnymary question. I apologize for not getting on here earlier and not having coffee ready, I was dealing with a severe headache all day long which it finally went away a couple hours ago.
Yes @baymule I am very thankful and grateful that it wasn't nothing seriously wrong with my Beagle.
Yes, the Smoked Meatloaves ( 15Lbs hamburger and 10 Lbs sausage made 8 nice sized loaves) turned our GRRRREEEAAAATTT!!!!!!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@flowerbug that's exactly what it means FH=Future Husband thank you for answering @ninnymary question. I apologize for not getting on here earlier and not having coffee ready, I was dealing with a severe headache all day long which it finally went away a couple hours ago.
Yes @baymule I am very thankful and grateful that it wasn't nothing seriously wrong with my Beagle.
Yes, the Smoked Meatloaves ( 15Lbs hamburger and 10 Lbs sausage made 8 nice sized loaves) turned our GRRRREEEAAAATTT!!!!!!
I hope that headache had subsided. It's impossible to function.

I've been out of sorts for months I really understand

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
my first breakfast was some ice-cream with peanuts on it. also went back to sleep
Darling, is there something you're NOT telling us? Like the little patter of feet on the way, maybe 🤔
(on purpose :) ). caught an extra half hour or two...

today is more prep, cooking and clean up for tomorrow. we've been making bean soup and split pea soup (two large pans) out of a ham that was given to us a few months ago and we needed the freezer space back so that was Mom's agenda. i have to cut up some fruit later for fruit salad and then get that fed to the worms if i can get that done today it would be nice as i don't really want to have to do it in the morning.

Mom's currently making scalloped potatoes from what is left of the ham plus using up a package of black forest sliced ham (which we really like as our general purpose sliced ham for sandwiches or cream cheese roll-ups).

we'll see how it goes... :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all! Coffee is ready! It’s 51F outside and 66F in the house. I won’t turn on the heat, this afternoon it will be 74F, just right. I’ll be wishing for these temperatures in August! LOL

Got to go get feed this morning. I got chicken feed yesterday, 4 bags of 40 pounds each, for the Cornish Cross meat chickens. It won’t last long for these feathered piranhas. I’m already counting down to slaughter date. The meat bird feed was $21.99 per bag, double from what I used to pay, 2 years ago. Granted, I bought feed from a different source, because Tractor Supply was too high. But I haven’t found another place to buy the higher protein feed these chickens need, since moving. Throw in the 40 pound bags, instead of a 50 pound bag and the cost is ridiculous. Gripe, gripe, gripe.

I have dog food to last the month, but will have to buy another bag of puppy food. I’ll have to buy more horse feed, she is on some pretty expensive groceries. High fat and high protein, but I will have to switch to something else when it gets hot. The high fat content causes her to sweat at only 80F, can only imagine what high 90’s will do to her. But this feed has sure put the weight on her and she is looking like a different horse from the bony thing I brought home.

Sheep are eating their heads off. Lots of grass on this place, but run down fences and can only use one field. I’m working on it, but not fast enough.

That’s my complaint for the day. Cost of animal feed has shot to the moon and I doubt if it will ever come down.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
...Mom's currently making scalloped potatoes from what is left of the ham plus using up a package of black forest sliced ham (which we really like as our general purpose sliced ham for sandwiches or cream cheese roll-ups).

we'll see how it goes... :)

it wasn't very good, the thin sliced ham lost all the flavor and so it's just blah. we won't be doing that again...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good morning y’all! Coffee is ready! It’s 51F outside and 66F in the house. I won’t turn on the heat, this afternoon it will be 74F, just right. I’ll be wishing for these temperatures in August! LOL

Got to go get feed this morning. I got chicken feed yesterday, 4 bags of 40 pounds each, for the Cornish Cross meat chickens. It won’t last long for these feathered piranhas. I’m already counting down to slaughter date. The meat bird feed was $21.99 per bag, double from what I used to pay, 2 years ago. Granted, I bought feed from a different source, because Tractor Supply was too high. But I haven’t found another place to buy the higher protein feed these chickens need, since moving. Throw in the 40 pound bags, instead of a 50 pound bag and the cost is ridiculous. Gripe, gripe, gripe.

I have dog food to last the month, but will have to buy another bag of puppy food. I’ll have to buy more horse feed, she is on some pretty expensive groceries. High fat and high protein, but I will have to switch to something else when it gets hot. The high fat content causes her to sweat at only 80F, can only imagine what high 90’s will do to her. But this feed has sure put the weight on her and she is looking like a different horse from the bony thing I brought home.

Sheep are eating their heads off. Lots of grass on this place, but run down fences and can only use one field. I’m working on it, but not fast enough.

That’s my complaint for the day. Cost of animal feed has shot to the moon and I doubt if it will ever come down.
Everything is going up at a ridiculous pace, while the quantity and in some cases even the quality is going down :confused:

Latest posts