Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I hope your Beagle is ok and his condition is treatable. I know the love an care y’all have for your dogs.

We got 5” of rain, stormy weather is over. It’s muddy and icky outside. Finishing my second cup of coffee, then I’ll put on Carharts and rubber boots and do morning chores. My DD and family were on their way from Corpus Christi yesterday but had to turn around and go back home. It was storming so bad, that it was dangerous for them to be on the road. Bummer. Their next 3 day weekend is Memorial Day.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Having a cup of herb tea before a second breakfast. Have it just right, leaving out the licorice root ;).

Doing laundry. Fell back asleep after first breakfast and dreamed I was involved in setting up a farmers' market in a new, indoor venue. It was been some kinda banquet hall with tables attached to the floor.

I think that this was prompted by me reading about a vegetarian burger made with egg, oatmeal and fava beans LINK. I thought that it sounded good, although I have had trouble with both aphids & sudden onset Summer heat, growing broad beans. Where would I buy them - fresh or frozen??

Steve
oatmeal & applesauce – second breakfast
;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my first breakfast was some ice-cream with peanuts on it. also went back to sleep (on purpose :) ). caught an extra half hour or two...

today is more prep, cooking and clean up for tomorrow. we've been making bean soup and split pea soup (two large pans) out of a ham that was given to us a few months ago and we needed the freezer space back so that was Mom's agenda. i have to cut up some fruit later for fruit salad and then get that fed to the worms if i can get that done today it would be nice as i don't really want to have to do it in the morning.

Mom's currently making scalloped potatoes from what is left of the ham plus using up a package of black forest sliced ham (which we really like as our general purpose sliced ham for sandwiches or cream cheese roll-ups).

we'll see how it goes... :)

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all! HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY!!!!! Hope everyone has a beautiful blessed day with friends & family.
Coffee is hot and ready for all you early risers today.
hope your Beagle is ok and his condition is treatable. I know the love an care y’all have for your dogs.
Yes @baymule he turned out good even though he's on 3 different meds (1 anti-cough, 1 steroid, 1 antibiotic) for a few days.
Waiting on FH to get up (kept telling me yesterday he's going to get up at 6 today) so he can get the smoker preheating and WE can get the meatloaf prepped together (30Lbs of hamburger and 15Lbs sausage). I'm just glad it only takes 4 hours for it to cook seeing how he's doing 6 loaves (3 are going with us to friends house and the 2 more are for co-workers of his and 1 is ours). I told FH yesterday that I am not going to get dressed in a good outfit until after everything we need to do is done so that way it's less chance I have to get something on it so as I write this I'm sitting in front of my computer enjoying my AM coffee in my night clothes (T-shirt & soft and fuzzy pajama pants) and going through a to do list of what I need to accomplish before he gets out of bed in my head. Both my pups (Kozmo BEAGLE and Savage UNKNOWN BREED) are back to bed and asleep so they won't be tripping me this AM nor stuck up my butt so I should get to going on this TO DO LIST.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Always good when our animal friends can be healthy and happy, @Country Homesteader . It elevates our own lives, don't you think?

Having cinnamon in the oatmeal with the brown sugar. That's nice. Same ol' oatmeal with applesauce on the side – had to spice it up :).

I had a strawberry smoothie from the snack bar, yesterday afternoon. Beginning to crave fresh fruit and vegetables!

Steve

Latest posts