Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I barely had a cup of coffee this morning. My brother came over to help DS with the tiller. Only half the garden is tiled. I am going to try to take care of this and keep the weeds out and enjoy my small garden. It has not been tilled for about 5 or 6 years. DS and I have been turning it with shovels and finally it just got out of control. I am sore from yesterday and all the weeding and cutting rose bushes and blackberries. I am pretty tired today from being out in the sun and helping raking and leveling out different areas. My brother is really tired. He did a lot of work and DS is sunburned. It was 82 today and it will be 85 tomorrow. The rabbits and my cats are tired. Nobody is used to the heat. The grand kids are burned a little. My plants are out on the patio. I will let them be out in the early morning sun and move to the shade. DS is going to get the manure next Saturday. I have all week to harden plants off and decide where to plant things. We have to put the fence back up. I usually just put squash and cucumber seeds in the ground, but I think I am going to start some tomorrow in the greenhouse and use plants this year. I always put too many seeds out and too close together and this way I can put the plants were I want.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will take a cup.

Most teas are just fine with me, I drink oolong because it's an intermediate, on the mild side. Have avoided sugar & honey for years.

Sore again this morning, I'd like to say that I am half finished with the garden tilling but it isn't quite true. Doing the best that the rototiller is capable of, requires multiple passes over the ground. It hardly matters if the weather we are experiencing is just a blip in the season — I'm unwilling to alter my calendar.

For years, my habit has been to follow the calendar and set out plants to fill nearly 100% of the garden, direct-seeding only a few. There is little to set out at the moment. In the usual run of the seasons, I have been caught by an unusual cold turn in the weather too often and have been required to take middle of the night responses that are very stressful personally and to the plants. Set in my ways? Sure. And, climate change may really be coming down to a level where I must adapt my calendar. I'm uncertain how that might be. Gardening is a many months long process.

Steve, in need of that cup of tea

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve been up long enough to give Dandelion her bottle and me a cup of coffee. She’s curled up in my lap asleep now. Church this morning, then take a bag of trash to my nephews dumpster, and haul off another durned turtle that Sentry was barking at. It was at the fence, trying to get into his field. He really hates turtles!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had my coffee and going to go out and transplant some tomatoes into bigger pots. It is going to rain tonight, so I put everything back in the greenhouse. It is going to be 85 but rain tonight and tomorrow. I have been looking for my bee balm to see if it is coming up and I want to transplant some to the garden along one fence. There will be a lot of plant sales coming up and I am going to go and look for different things. I have chives, oregano, thyme in several areas that used to have a lot of herbs, so I am digging those up and moving to the garden and have a corner with herbs.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Picnic in the garden
P_20230430_185553.jpg

With freshly baked honey and milk loaf bread
P_20230430_185628.jpg