Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DH and I have managed to mow twice right before the rain!
We have decided that he will start with the tractor (for our lawn), then I will come back with my riding mower and then with the push mower.
It Seems conterintuitive bc the tractor (5 ft mow span) will blow some grass into the edges, but I can blow it back with the riding mower and then twim, OR, I can hand mow trim, like in the front under the magnolia tree first.
It's less gas to spend on the lawn.
GREAT Coffee this morning!
Maybe bc I slept pretty well.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH and I have managed to mow twice right before the rain!
We have decided that he will start with the tractor (for our lawn), then I will come back with my riding mower and then with the push mower.
It Seems conterintuitive bc the tractor (5 ft mow span) will blow some grass into the edges, but I can blow it back with the riding mower and then twim, OR, I can hand mow trim, like in the front under the magnolia tree first.
It's less gas to spend on the lawn.
GREAT Coffee this morning!
Maybe bc I slept pretty well.
My mother's best friend had a magnolia tree in her back yard. I used to love to go in her backyard and see that tree. It was in Oklahoma.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Drinking coffee and wondering what to do today. We did not get the rain they said we would, but might this afternoon. I transplanted all my tomatoes yesterday into bigger pots and started some squash and cucumbers. I also started some hollyhocks, daisy, cone flowers and some Grandpa Ott seeds.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Already been outside and fed animals. Got to take truck to body shop this morning, pick it up this evening. They have to circle every spot of hail damage, take pictures and send to insurance company. Get approval, then schedule a date to bring it back.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ouch @baymule !

I hope that doesn't happen this afternoon. Soaring right up from 48°f this morning to a new record 88°f this afternoon, with clouds moving in (9°C to 31°C).

I thought that this was funny:

Old English  primilce, the Latin name for the month of May replaced that earlier name. It meant, the month in which cows can be milked three times a day.

:D Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all!!
Sorry to report that my coffee pot is empty already but if y'all want I can make some so when y'all stop by to relax on my patio this AM.
Old English  primilce, the Latin name for the month of May replaced that earlier name. It meant, the month in which cows can be milked three times a day.
Thank you for that tidbit of info @digitS' . I didn't know that, that's why I LOVE this site I learn some very interesting facts each and every day no matter who posts it.
I do have to say that last night my neighbors lost one of their baby chicks to a strange dog that was running the neighborhood. I actually saw the dog chase the chicks so I took a chance the dog wouldn't come after me and went to let them know about it. Yup, I know that was wild and crazy of me to do seeing how I didn't know the dog or where it was but it was better than letting them find the chick on their own then having them accuse me of letting one of mine get it.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
My mother's best friend had a magnolia tree in her back yard. I used to love to go in her backyard and see that tree. It was in Oklahoma.
I have a Magnolia Jane. It is 10yo and looks like it won't get any taller than about 12 ft.
DD's planted a Magnolia Betty. Theirs is still small but flowered nicely this year.
Here is a few lists of dwarf Magnolias for those of us who don't live in the South, where Magnolias grow like weeds!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a Magnolia Jane. It is 10yo and looks like it won't get any taller than about 12 ft.
DD's planted a Magnolia Betty. Theirs is still small but flowered nicely this year.
Here is a few lists of dwarf Magnolias for those of us who don't live in the South, where Magnolias grow like weeds!!

i'm surprised they survive up here. lovely plants. :)

Latest posts