Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my coffee. DS is going to the store to buy a new burner for the stove and he said he is picking up a new coffee pot. Ours is about ready to go out. Not much going on. The Roma tomatoes are just now starting to get color. Trying to decide what to put on the garden for fall. I have rabbit manure and there will be some leaves we can chop. I am not sure how much of the compost in the barrels will be ready, but probably enough. DD is not having a very good garden this year and I think it is because she did not put new manure down this year. I guess we can both geta truckload next fall.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tamales for a 2nd breakfast.

DW made a mistake at the Mexican market over the weekend. She bought "sweet corn tamales." We didn't know that there was such a thing!

I had planned on 2 ears of corn and choy sum for dinner. "Wait! I thought these were chicken." Well, they taste okay - certainly for a breakfast for someone with "American tastes" for the meal.

I was trying to remember if I ever had enchiladas for breakfast as a kid. We certainly ate Dad's version of them quite often -- corn tortillas, chopped sweet onion (raw or cooked), grated cheese, tomato sauce, and a fried egg on top. A little Tabasco sauce and it was a meal. ;)
Steve, sounds like your dad made huevos rancheros with the corn tortillas and fried egg on top.

Sweet corn tamales are great in the afternoon with a cup of coffee.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary , yes -- an open-face something and different from "enchiladas" that came from a different kitchen.

Dad grew up in Las Cruces , NM but I know of no specific south of the border influence. He left for southern California when he was quite young to live with a brother more than 10 years older than he was. Their mother was from Texas but way far north and her parents were from Kentucky. Perhaps not just a simplification but a misappropriation, huh?

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
this morning i had a gallon of whole milk to turn into tapioca pudding and also had some for breakfast with a few cookies. we had some eggs to use up too, so what can go wrong? well, i used too many eggs and it turned into sorta scrambled a little sweet lumpy eggs for the first batch. the 2nd batch i think turned out better but i won't get to eating that until later this week. hmm. good thing i don't mind eating it either way. :)

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You make them with yogurt and not lots of eggs?!!

I'm all in favor of using yogurt, especially Greek yogurt, for cooking.
I cook dairy free and no eggs. So I use a recipe for "egg substitute" and then I add plenty of dairy free yogurt, but you can use regular eggs and yogurt too! I used to until I got a dairy allergy.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having coffee now. Not a good morning. We had to put our cat Mister to sleep yesterday. he was 16 and my last outside garden helper. I am pretty good, but worried a bit about our other cat Blinky. He is 13 and has known Mister his whole life and they were great buddies. Our whole routine is messed up. He has never ate without Mister, so I did not all Mister like I usually do and he was confused about eating. He is lying by the patio door and hopefully not waiting for Mister. DS was only about 7 years old when Mister showed up as a stray kitten. He is taking it okay. We have known for over a year that it could be anytime with this cat. He had diabetes and just was not doing good.

Latest posts