Coffee

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
48 cupcakes I made early this AM and the sheet pan CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES I made just a little bit ago. In AM I'm going to make HOMEMADE Buttercream frosting and a small border on the cookies then use rest for cupcakes
Yummy! I like the part vanilla/part chocolate cupcakes. Everything looks delicious.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary,
I took your advice and ordered seeds of Petit Gris de Rennes. The seeds were started indoors very late, on June 20th. Recently the vines started running, and there are cute little melons forming. If our hot weather sticks around they may even have time to ripen. 🤞
Oh I hope they ripen for you. Why did you start so late? lol

Mary

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Just doing a quick check in as I wake with a "fully loaded" cup next to my left arm.
Yummy! I like the part vanilla/part chocolate cupcakes. Everything looks delicious.
Thanks @SPedigrees I don't have the buttercream frosting on the border of the cookies nor top of cupcakes yet but going to be doing that later on once I have Kozmo outside seeing how he'll try to get them.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
48 cupcakes I made early this AM and the sheet pan CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES I made just a little bit ago. In AM I'm going to make HOMEMADE Buttercream frosting and a small border on the cookies then use rest for cupcakes
Ok, NOT a chocolate fan, although I like brownies--DD says I "virtue signal" about chocolate ! :lol:--but I would love your recipe for buttercream frosting.
Other DD like wedding cake for the frosting!
SO Decadent!!!! :drool:drool:drool
SHE is the one that hikes and lost like 40 pounds in the last few years.
It is our guilty pleasure. :rolleyes:

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok, NOT a chocolate fan, although I like brownies:rolleyes:
You and I are part of a vast minority! I don't hate chocolate, but I like it only in small quantities, and not in places where it has not traditionally belonged. (Cherry and black raspberry ice creams have been ruined for me with the addition of chocolate bits.)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you you would have to mention brownies!
Brownies are in fact a health food loaded with goodness.

1. Sugar sugar comes from beets. Beets are a vegetable and are good for you.
2. Eggs self explanatory, also good for you
3. Cocoa comes from cocoa beans. Beans are a vegetable.
4. Butter in the dairy family and healthy fats.
5. Or you may use Olive Oil very heart healthy and on the Mediterranean diet!
6. Flour in the grain family and you need a grain serving every day.
7. Salt is an essential nutrient your body needs.
8. Vanilla comes from vanilla beans, beans are a vegetable.
9. Baking powder is needed to make the above ingredients work.

Baymule is making tracks to the kitchen to whip up a healthy snack loaded with vegetables, eggs, dairy, grain and deliciousness!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you this is all your fault!

IMG_4839.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You and I are part of a vast minority! I don't hate chocolate, but I like it only in small quantities, and not in places where it has not traditionally belonged. (Cherry and black raspberry ice creams have been ruined for me with the addition of chocolate bits.)

while i am a very committed chocoholic i also really like ice-creams with nuts in them and so can pass on chocolate and i also like things with vanilla and custards like tapioca pudding or rice pudding. pretty much any carbohydrate i'm up for... the thing with me this past few years is that i've gotten pickier about what chocolates i'll even bother with. last week we had some leftover Hershey's Kisses from some Valentine's Day candy and i decided to eat them. um, nope, i won't be doing that again. just not acceptable to me in that form any more. sure they can be used in other things for recipes or whatever, but not for eating out of hand.

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
while i am a very committed chocoholic i also really like ice-creams with nuts in them and so can pass on chocolate and i also like things with vanilla and custards like tapioca pudding or rice pudding. pretty much any carbohydrate i'm up for... the thing with me this past few years is that i've gotten pickier about what chocolates i'll even bother with. last week we had some leftover Hershey's Kisses from some Valentine'd Day candy and i decided to eat them. um, nope, i won't be doing that again. just not acceptable to me in that form any more. sure they can be used in other things for recipes or whatever, but not for eating out of hand.
A trip today to my nearby cheese and other snack store reminded me of my own problem with chocolate. In my case, it isn't so much a preference as an actual condition. Namely while I can handle most forms of chocolate, I literally CANNOT consume white chocolate in its pure form (if it is mixed with other chocolate, or some other flavorings, I can.) If I do, I will actually feel quite nauseous. This stayed my hand at trying the new bar I saw there (though, as it was a lemon and thyme white chocolate bar, the odds are I could have digested it.)

I've also more or less given up on American mass market chocolate. Brits and Europeans are right, if you know what your tongue is tasting for, you CAN detect the vomit like note caused by the diacetyl. And since controlling my blood sugar require keeping chocolate consumption to a minimum anyway, I might as well use the few "credits" I have on good quality stuff.

Latest posts