Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moving on from the oolong with wheaties, sliced bananas and raisins, Crenshaw melon on the side, I have herbal tea to pour.

The herbal is left in the kettle and is available for reheating during the day. Neglected somewhat yesterday, it was pleasantly rediscovered after yesterday's evening shower.

Something that I appreciate about licorice root is how the flavor becomes more intense during those long hours between early morning and late in the day. By that time, it stands up well to the mint ;).

It's out to the distant garden this AM. The 30mph plus wind gusts have subsided but there is really no choice about running the sprinklers. The chance of rain has been increased to 70% for tomorrow but "less than a tenth of an inch" of rain is all that is predicted.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

It's all by the coffee pot so brew a cup then let's enjoy the 55 morning air. It's going to be a typical day here in Central VA cool morning and 80 afternoon. Let's sit on the patio this morning and enjoy day breaking as the sun is rising.
I so wish coffee could make my less than a year old fridge better but it can't. FH and I are thinking the compressor went in it but we're not appliance techs so we don't know. All I know is it makes a strange sound and barely shuts off, the freezer was starting to thaw too. I'm so glad that I have the upright freezer and the small dorm fridge (even though that doesn't hold a lot) but they can't come look at it until Sept 26 WTH!!!!! :mad::he:duc:hit:rant:somad.
received_241486451787732.jpeg

Last night's dinner- prepackaged frozen (YES I COOKED IT IN THE OVEN!!!!) pizza and SMOKED Chicken wings.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am trying different ideas of Tiramisu-type sweets for my shop. This strawberry-misu is the third trial and it's so good.
12530.jpg

It's so perfect for anyone who doesn't want to use oven, clean a lot of utensils, or read through a lot of details in a recipe.

Please refer to any Tiramisu recipe, I improvised this when I got a small box of fresh, local strawberries from the supermarket.

I just:
1. replaced black coffee with the mixture of fresh strawberry and Advocaat and used the liquid to quickly soak the ladyfinger cookies.
2. used heavy cream, Mascarpone cheese, freeze-dried strawberry powder, and honey to create the cream layer. I didn't use eggs at all, too much troubles without critical enhancement imo.
3. let it sit in the fridge for at least 24 hours - it won't taste good otherwise.
4. It's the same freeze-dried strawberry powder on the top and some 90% bitter chocolate. I guess, the normal dehydrated strawberries can be used to make similar powder, or just use sliced/diced strawberries to create different finishing.

12529.jpg

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
call someone else!
I wish we could but seeing how we are doing rent to own with the fridge we have to use the repair service that company uses. FH is suppose to call them back and see if they can move it up cuz the freezer wasn't cold.
@Phaedra your Strawberry Tiramisu looks so good!!! I so wish you didn't live out of country cuz I would pay you to make our wedding cake/cupcakes.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

Y'all know where everything is and what to do so fix a cup then enjoy the patio in the 56 morning chill.
Yesterday AM I started to do some yardwork. I am very thankful for the cooler temps so I can get outside and do yardwork more often. Yes, I know hard physical labor will make you sweat which sweating means burning calories which means losing weight.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

IT's all by the coffee pot so brew a cup then enjoy the patio in the 57 morning air.
FH told me last night he's NOT going to do the garter toss cuz he thinks it's stupid so our wedding JUNE 15,2024 timeline (tentatively) is 2pm ceremony; 2:30pm pictures; 3:15pm reception begins with wedding party introductions; 3:30pm time to eat; 4:30pm cake cutting & serving; 5:15pm load gifts & cards into car/ hand bouquet off to unsuspecting guest; 6:00pm announce reception ending/ begin clean up & tear down deco; 7:30pm everyone leaves & venue locked. That's going to be the shortest quickest MOST BORING reception ever!!!!!

Latest posts