Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DD needed doughnuts yesterday--she has lost 2 pant sizes in the last few months, so she Counted all of the doughnut calories!--so DH and I each had one glazed with coffee this morning.
I got a wonderful sleep last night, so my 2 cups of coffee this morning was a plus!
Even so, I went to the made bed and fell asleep before 9PM last night, woke up to close the window when the storm was blowing rain inside, then woke up at 4:30AM. I ONLY wanted to watch the end of the show that I 1/2 watched when it was being DVR's (satellite lingo for "taped,"), but it took me a full hour to change back from the blue ray player to satellite (where all of the "taped" programs are saved,) what with a 45 minute update, then I was drifting off at 6AM, slept more until 8AM.
Had Strange dreams.
Best sleep in a Looooonnnnggg Time.
The coffee was great this morning!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd Rather Not Have a Coffee!
View attachment 65337
Might this include genealogy :D.?
trouble with text before the edit!
I got so involved in Ancestry.com. I decided not to renew my subscription because I was just spending too much time, but I found so much information and pictures, old newspaper stories. I even found a death certificate of my grandmother.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I told DD that it took years of seed planting to develop her lol. When she was a teenager, she had no interest in gardening. She said she did not like perennial flowers. No interest in canning or making sauerkraut. I used to have to force my kids to take vitamins. I am kind of a conspiracy theorist, well not kind of, kind of overboard. LOL She would say, that is not true. That is not going to happen. No interest in absolutely anything I was. She is 30 now and all of the above she is turbo charged compared to me. She comes and digs up my perennial flowers. She is outside today extremely happy that her brother brought her a truckload of manure. She has her husband out in the yard going to build some boxes for her and go get some compost or topsoil. She just asked me if it is hard to grow cabbage so she can make sauerkraut. Her interest in conspiracy topics and end of the world gloom and doom tops me. LOL

I always start cabbage seeds early. Is it too late to start some or should she just buy some plants? DS and his future wife just unloaded my cow manure for me, so I have to get to work.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DD needed doughnuts yesterday--she has lost 2 pant sizes in the last few months, so she Counted all of the doughnut calories!--so DH and I each had one glazed with coffee this morning.
I got a wonderful sleep last night, so my 2 cups of coffee this morning was a plus!
Even so, I went to the made bed and fell asleep before 9PM last night, woke up to close the window when the storm was blowing rain inside, then woke up at 4:30AM. I ONLY wanted to watch the end of the show that I 1/2 watched when it was being DVR's (satellite lingo for "taped,"), but it took me a full hour to change back from the blue ray player to satellite (where all of the "taped" programs are saved,) what with a 45 minute update, then I was drifting off at 6AM, slept more until 8AM.
Had Strange dreams.
Best sleep in a Looooonnnnggg Time.
The coffee was great this morning!
I love it when I unknowingly fall asleep then sleep through the night. It's so re-energising

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I’ve been busy over the past few weeks. I slaughtered 37 Cornish Cross chickens and all went to freezer camp. A customer ordered 20 and I was happy to oblige. Lots of hard work though. At same time, ewes were lambing, I have 3 bottle lambs, for a total of 30 lambs plus one ewe left to lamb, was due a couple of days ago. I loaded up 6 sheep and took to nearest auction on Thursday. Bottle lambs were moved outside, no more diapers or potty pads. It stormed like mad last night, power went off around 8:30, came back on at 2 AM. I have a ewe rejecting one of her lambs. I tied her up yesterday so he could nurse. I let her loose last night because of the storm. I’ll tie her up again today and until she either accepts him or he’s weaned. I’m not going to bottle feed him, if I have to, I’ll put him on Craigslist and sell him cheap. Why you ask? Because he is a ram, unregistered and at weaning would have a meat value of around $80. It will take twice that to raise him. The bottle lambs I currently have are ewes, 2 are registered, the other is second generation recorded and they have enough value that it’s worth it to bottle feed the little hooligans. LOL
Been running on empty, exhausted. Slept hard last night, got a little rest. Day is dawning, I’ll go outside to give hooligans their bottles, see if stupid ewe is feeding both lambs, put them in small pen and tie her up. Check rain gauge, feed other sheep, turn out on pasture, love on dogs, see if my road is flooded. I may not make it to Sunday school at 9:30, but will certainly make it to church at 10:30. If road is flooded, I’ll take Kawasaki mule.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Not too late to start cabbage, IMHO. I haven't started Mine yet, and remember, cabbage is also a Fall crop.
You might get some to eat OR fill in an area where the weeds want to grow and let it bolt and reseed.
The flowers are very pretty, just like the yellow flowers on turnips are 3 ft high and lovely!
I would start some and see what happens! :hugs

Last edited:

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I’ve been busy over the past few weeks. I slaughtered 37 Cornish Cross chickens and all went to freezer camp. A customer ordered 20 and I was happy to oblige. Lots of hard work though. At same time, ewes were lambing, I have 3 bottle lambs, for a total of 30 lambs plus one ewe left to lamb, was due a couple of days ago. I loaded up 6 sheep and took to nearest auction on Thursday. Bottle lambs were moved outside, no more diapers or potty pads. It stormed like mad last night, power went off around 8:30, came back on at 2 AM. I have a ewe rejecting one of her lambs. I tied her up yesterday so he could nurse. I let her loose last night because of the storm. I’ll tie her up again today and until she either accepts him or he’s weaned. I’m not going to bottle feed him, if I have to, I’ll put him on Craigslist and sell him cheap. Why you ask? Because he is a ram, unregistered and at weaning would have a meat value of around $80. It will take twice that to raise him. The bottle lambs I currently have are ewes, 2 are registered, the other is second generation recorded and they have enough value that it’s worth it to bottle feed the little hooligans. LOL
Been running on empty, exhausted. Slept hard last night, got a little rest. Day is dawning, I’ll go outside to give hooligans their bottles, see if stupid ewe is feeding both lambs, put them in small pen and tie her up. Check rain gauge, feed other sheep, turn out on pasture, love on dogs, see if my road is flooded. I may not make it to Sunday school at 9:30, but will certainly make it to church at 10:30. If road is flooded, I’ll take Kawasaki mule.
Just think of how much love, care, and attention you have given these little lambs over the past few weeks Baymule. Your herculean efforts have given them a good start in life! I hope things settle down soon, so you can get some rest in between managing your growing flock. 🐑

Latest posts