Coffee

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee and oatmeal this morning. Busy few days ahead hoping have a friend over to watch either the hobbit or lord of the rings movies but have to get the house cleaned up first. I’ve read the the hobbit, lord of the rings and the Silmarillion but I’ve never seen more than a few scenes in from the movies. I didn’t really have an interest until after I read the books last year. The few scenes from the movies were enough to terrify me as a kid lol. I vaguely remember one of Sméagol and one of attacking orcs as the first and possible only scenes I’ve seen lol.
It really depends a lot on WHICH movie you mean. Being a child of the 80's I (and my dad) DOTE on the Rankin Bass animated ones, they are a part of our history. And, of course, now that I am an adult and know a little more history of them, I can also appreciate how beautiful the animation is (the people who did it for Rankin Bass would later found Studio Ghibli)

And then there is THIS weird song, which is, I think the only real attempt by any of the studios to attempt to tackle the question Tolkien himself later posed as to whether orc are irredeemably evil

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It really depends a lot on WHICH movie you mean. Being a child of the 80's I (and my dad) DOTE on the Rankin Bass animated ones, they are a part of our history. And, of course, now that I am an adult and know a little more history of them, I can also appreciate how beautiful the animation is (the people who did it for Rankin Bass would later found Studio Ghibli)

And then there is THIS weird song, which is, I think the only real attempt by any of the studios to attempt to tackle the question Tolkien himself later posed as to whether orc are irredeemably evil

I wasn’t aware that there were animated ones :oops:. I’m talking about the trilogy that came out in 2001-2003 with the creepy cgi Gollum.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee and oatmeal this morning. Busy few days ahead hoping have a friend over to watch either the hobbit or lord of the rings movies but have to get the house cleaned up first. I’ve read the the hobbit, lord of the rings and the Silmarillion but I’ve never seen more than a few scenes in from the movies. I didn’t really have an interest until after I read the books last year. The few scenes from the movies were enough to terrify me as a kid lol. I vaguely remember one of Sméagol and one of attacking orcs as the first and possible only scenes I’ve seen lol.

are you watching the extended versions? i really like the music from the movies and a few of the characters are ok. Gollum for sure. mostly i have to watch the movies thinking they are not the books.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I changed the straw in the hutch and I made it to Walmart and looked around for a few things I need. I also got some birdseed for my bird feeders. I quit buying it because I thought too expensive, but I miss all the birds and I should have fed them this winter. I need some better feeders.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Ace Hardware had coupons and their branded 20 lb bags were on sale alot. So I stocked up. I have enough until May, when I stop feeding all of them.

The da** starlings fight them for the food.

so far we've been avoided by starlings. probably because the grackles, bluejays and other birdies keep them away, plus i do hunt them on sight. not that i want to, but it's a requirement of the owner.

we don't feed the birdies but we keep the birdbaths clean for them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready y'all. I have a couple coming to look at sheep this morning at 8AM. I don't have any for sale, but they want to come and are all excited, so ok, come on. I met the husband at the feed store and he texted me that night. Wife is all excited to find someone with Katahdin sheep.

I'm going to Tyler or maybe Jacksonville today to find 20' nylon slings to lift the 500 gallon fuel tank with. Northern tool doesn't have any, Harbor Freight in Tyler has limited supply, I'll have to call. If they don't have 2 of them, then I'll call the Jacksonville store, internet says they have plenty. I won't set the tank back on the stand in Groveton, nor will I fill it up. I'll wait until I find my home, then get it set up and filled up. I have a diesel tractor, diesel mule and of course a diesel truck, but have always been very sparing in filling the truck up from it. It sure beats hauling 5 gallon cans around. I'll set some concrete blocks so it isn't laying on the ground. Oh the joys of moving!

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Coffee is ready y'all. I have a couple coming to look at sheep this morning at 8AM. I don't have any for sale, but they want to come and are all excited, so ok, come on. I met the husband at the feed store and he texted me that night. Wife is all excited to find someone with Katahdin sheep.
We used to have Katahdin sheep! I can see why she is so excited. 😄

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Stop with all this, you're giving me ideas :clap:lol:
What a wonderful way to deal with one's enemies :plbb

Latest posts