Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Criminitly!

Wind gusts up to 60 mph. I'm convinced as of this afternoon that one tree in the yard has to go.

The entire tree was moving, branches and trunk!
It is scary to watch these trees. The one that worries me belongs to a neighbor, big old pine tree. The wind going through a big maple in my yard by the house worries me too. Not really worried the whole tree would come down but branches. Still blowing outside.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Transplanting day, half of the young plants in the greenhouse went to the field~
P_20220406_095647.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had one cup and it finally warmed up enough I took the plants out to the patio but I have to bring them back in tonight. I am going to give them morning sun in the morning and then shade. It could be over 65 tomorrow. About all I got done was baking. I have bread rising and I made sourdough biscuits 2 batches, going to freeze some, and a spice cake. I am going to make sourdough cookie dough and it sets in the frig overnight and bake them in the morning and then for supper we are having chili tomorrow and I am going to make sourdough cornbread. DD has a sourdough pizza crust that she thinks is really good, so I may make pizza on Saturday. DD has made doughnuts, chocolate chip cookies, pancakes and this morning she made French toast. I am going to have to freeze some of my stuff and that will help when I am busy and no time to bake. This weekend is transplanting and tomorrow I am going to turn dirt and build the bed for the cabbage.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oolong in the cup, oatmeal, Honey and Honeycrisp in the bowl, a little brown sugar for complexities ;).

Arborist won't look at tree until next week. The anxiety that I will experience with tomorrow's windstorm will be the price paid for delaying having it removed 5 years ago, when it looked to be on a downhill.

Weather Service says that winds will be less but from the same WSW direction. The WS always guesses low for wind gusts but maybe it's an hourly average. Over 40mph, I'd wager. The tree is one broken root from falling on neighbor's fence and that is the best direction, if it falls.

Best to be optimistic with one or two things planned ...

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Coffee and cereal today. Then shoe shopping. I need to find a pair of hiking sandals and some new tennis shoes. Shoes rarely survive more than a year of normal wear for me and all my old ones are going on 2-4 years now.... My good sandals have started making a hilarious whistling noise now though!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sitting here in the Lazyboy wearing my new MukLuks. DS says that slippers "were meant to wear out in a year" but, I suspect that he wears them outside too often ;).

I had a pair of Zigzaggers on the wish list and think that I will go ahead and order them. DS gave the the previous pair of Zigzaggers to me for Christmas two years ago while we were visiting him. There was a time when I thought that my slipper-wearing days had passed and that Christmas, I was thinking that if I fall down on his hardwood floor, I'll make this dramatically apparent to everyone!

I didn't fall. And, the Zigzaggers held up well. These others are a step down but ok. A little too tight on my big feet. There is a pair of sandals around here somewhere that I have never worn, @Artichoke Lover . If you wear a men's 13, I would be happy to put them in the mail for you!

No. It's all going from the Lazyboy to the Hush Puppies, these days. Gotta get Zigzaggers back on that route.

;) Steve

Latest posts